SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $6,249.00/month to $10,000.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Provide ongoing technical expertise in the development, maintenance and/ or enhancements to university needs as well as provide ongoing analysis to address business process needs in the division of Student Affairs. Make recommendations to end-users/departments on the most up-to-date software/technical solutions. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Senior PeopleSoft Developer/ Technical Lead
* Provide ongoing technical direction and leadership in the development, maintenance and/ or enhancements to university needs as well as provide ongoing analysis to address business process needs in the division of Student Affairs. Make recommendations to end-users/departments on the most up-to-date software/technical solutions. Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Provide technical expertise to all PeopleSoft users. Responsible for supporting production, ongoing development, upgrades, and enhancements. Work with the user community to understand data access. System integration to and from PeopleSoft to other vendor and campus systems.
* Conduct requirements gathering with functional users, vendors and IT Teams and transform the requirements into technical specifications.
* Create/maintain/enhance the PeopleSoft applications using Application Designer, SQR, Application Engine, PeopleCode, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Web Services, BI publisher, PS Query, SQL and other advanced tools.
* Provide consultation to users and to other technical staff.
* Provide technical training and mentor colleagues.
* Provide technical support to all campus users but not limited to PeopleSoft users.
* Responsible for supporting production, ongoing development, upgrades, and enhancements to Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP system.
* Develop estimates of work required for programming assignments based on available tools and functional requirements.
* Identify opportunities for standardizing processes, integration and archiving, and elimination of unnecessary process redundancy.
* Work with the user community to understand data access and integration needs.
* Responsible for testing upgrades, business processes changes, and automation in PeopleSoft.
* Provide responsive support for production issues, helping minimize downtime and loss of productivity and service.
* Understand the data flow of processes, technology and campus's operations to deliver data integration services.
* Perform impact analysis for the campus systems, testing and validation as well as document process, integration and design issues.
Technical Project Coordination
* Provide Project Management for PeopleSoft Tools upgrades.
* Provide Project Management for PeopleSoft Application upgrades.
* Provide Project Management for ad-hoc technical projects.
* Coordinate technical projects involving the core campus applications.
* Collaborate with CMS and campus technical and functional staff to resolve any technical issues.
System Integration Coordination and Support
* Support system integration to and from PeopleSoft to other vendor and campus systems, such as CashNet, Education Advisory Board, or Modo Labs / GreyHeller Mobile apps.
* Perform application installation and maintenance.
* Develop and modify interfaces, modifications and reports for the PeopleSoft HR, SA, and Finance applications using Application Designer, SQR, Application Engine, PeopleCode, Web Services, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Application Messaging, Web Services, SQL and other tools.
* Manage vendor relationships that support the campus systems.
Take on additional duties assigned, including but not limited to cross train colleagues, provide backup support as needed, attend conferences or training.
* 2+ year web application development tools.
* Experience using applications software, data structures and utilities, operating systems, and communication interfaces within the environment.
* PeopleSoft/Oracle application knowledge from a business/functional, technical and security perspective.
* 3+ years PeopleSoft PeopleTools, PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Web Services, BI publisher, PS Query, SQL and PS Integration tools experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to write functional and technical procedural documentation.
* Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
* Ability to work independently and perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
* Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan and work on multiple projects.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Write/modify programs using multiple applications and databases.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
* Extensive knowledge of Mobile devices, LDAP, security, relational database design; and data warehouse concepts.
* Experience in researching and evaluating the functionality of vendor software to meet user needs.
* Ability to independently identify and solve complex production problems.
* Ability to work with outside systems integration.
* Clear, positive, solution-oriented communication skills to translate user needs into effective technical solutions.
Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support functions is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Analyst/Programmer, depending on the position assignment, may include working knowledge of a specific industry standard applications programming language and knowledge of standard systems analysis techniques.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and work experience in progressively responsible roles; or an equivalent combination of education and directly related work experience.
* Experience in a University environment along with experience in PeopleSoft/ PeopleTools environment with PeopleCode, Web Service, Application Engine, Data Mover, PS Query, SQR, or related tools.
* CSU system experience a plus.
* Excellent Project Management skill.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled