Salary: $25.64 - $43.57 USD
Apply By: Jan 31, 2021
Kitsap County DCD seeks an ENGINEERING TECH ANALYST or ENGINEER 1 to join our team of professionals. This unique opportunity allows individuals with at least four years of related experience to get their foot in the door and start training for the Engineer 1 level.
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, the Engineering Tech Analyst incumbents perform technical review within the Development Engineering Section of the Department of Community Development. The incumbent reviews civil site plans for proposed commercial and residential projects, designs for stormwater, grading and erosion control, and traffic impacts.
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, the Engineer 1 incumbents perform specialized, complex technical field and office engineering work that requires advanced knowledge and skills in the technical review of engineering designs related to surface water management, traffic mitigation, road standards, and utilities for land development projects.
ENGINEERING TECH ANALYST REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree; AND
- Two years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Preferred Education, Experience, or Qualifications:
- Experience and/or knowledge of Kitsap County stormwater code and design manual.
ENGINEER 1 REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered as an Engineer in Training (EIT); OR
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering field; OR
- Equivalent four full-time years related engineering* experience working under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
(*"Engineering" means the "practice of engineering" as defined in RCW 18.43.020.)
Qualifications for this position must be met; no other equivalencies will be accepted.
Kitsap County requires verification of education, certification and/or experience. The following information is required to meet the minimum qualifications for this position:
- Certification: A copy of the Engineer in Training Certificate; OR
- Education: Official transcripts from an ABET Accredited School of Engineering; OR
- Experience: Complete a verification form and submit it during the application process. The form includes verification of work performed under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer, Professional Engineer signature and PE stamp/seal or a copy of their current license; OR
- Combination of Education and Experience: Official Transcripts from an ABET Accredited School of Engineering and complete a verification form and submit it during the application process. The form includes verification of the work performed under the direct supervision of the Professional Engineer, Professional Engineer signature and PE stamp/seal or a copy of their current license.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
614 Division St MS 23A, Port Orchard, Washington