THE POSITION Expanding and Sharing Technology throughout the County
An Information Technology Analyst (Principal) manages and oversees a major information technology system, group, or program and plans, designs, and coordinates the maintenance of the most difficult and complex infrastructure system or computerized data processing and applications systems for large, multi-departmental or countywide functions. There is currently one vacancy for Information Technology Analyst (Principal) in the Department of Information Technology, Security Division, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity. The ideal candidates will have the following desired knowledge:
The ideal candidates will have the following desired qualifications:
- Business Continuity Planning
- IT Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Impact Analysis
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Security Incident Response
- IT Disaster Recovery Policy and Process
- Backup Technologies and Processes
- Cloud Technologies
- Project Management
The eligible list created as a result of this recruitment will be used to fill full-time regular or limited-term positions as vacancies occur or the need arises. POSITION REQUIREMENT
- Minimum of five years' experience in implementing Business Continuity Management (BCM), IT Disaster Recovery (DR) and Crisis Management plans.
- Advanced knowledge of principles, procedures, regulations and techniques of BCM, Crisis Management and IT Disaster Response.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BCM, IT disaster recovery, crisis management, and supplier risk and contingency concepts, strategies and solutions.
- Experience in creating and defining new operational models and procedures, and explaining complex problems or situations.
- Experience in defining, implementing and enforcing enterprise risk-based standards, processes and procedures for identifying, assessing, and mitigating a broad range of threats, and responding to disruptions in business or IT operations.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in backup technologies and processes.
- Experience working effectively with business units to facilitate information security risk assessment and risk management processes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in conducting Business Impact Analysis (BIA) exercises to ensure all plans are maintained in line with changing business requirements.
- Experience in establishing an enterprise-wide BCM/DR program budget and financial review process.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in selecting, deploying and using BCM/DR planning tools, emergency/mass notification services and crisis management platforms.
- Strong leadership skills, particularly project management, influence and relationship building, and conflict identification and resolution.
- Ability to identify, anticipate and prioritize business risks and impacts, develop and execute appropriate responses, make difficult operational decisions that may impact multiple business operations, and monitor and report on the results of those decisions to senior management. By demonstrating due diligence in these areas, and by communicating effectively about the enterprise's ongoing risk-based activities, the successful BCM program leader will play an important part in maintaining stakeholder confidence.
- Business Continuity Management and IT Disaster Recovery certification is desirable, such as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP), Disaster Recovery Certified Planner (DRCP), Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (DRCS), Disaster Recovery Certified Expert (DRCE) or other similar credentials.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate business and IT risks and their impacts on business productivity.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Information Technology or related field. AND EXPERIENCE:
Six (6) years of information technology systems and/or application development and support experience including two (2) years of project lead or supervisory responsibility. Note:
Additional experience may substitute on a year for year basis for the educational requirement. OTHER REQUIREMENTS Licensing, Certification and Registration Requirements:
- Applicants may be required to possess a valid California Driver's License, Class C.
- Some positions in this class will require technical certifications demonstrating expertise in specific bodies of knowledge.
To view the job description for this position, please visit: http://solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=27827
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.