***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
DAY CAMP COUNSELOR I
Backyard Explorers Program HIRING DEPARTMENT
: Parks & RecreationPROGRAM
: "Backyard Explorers" (Kindergarten - 5th Grade Youth Camp)WORK LOCATION
: Markham Nature Park, 3915 Cowell Rd., Concord, CA 94521DATES
: Staff Training: Select dates/times between June 1, 2021 - June 5, 2021
Camp Runs June 7, 2021 - August 6, 2021HOURS
: Hours vary between 6:45 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Approximately 20-35 hours per weekSALARY RANGE
: Starting at $14.49 per hourFINAL FILING DATE
: until filled The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal "Backyard Explorer" Summer Day Camp Counselor I, possesses:
The P osition:
- The ability to be an excellent role model and mentor for elementary school students;
- The ability to be a team player;
- Good communication skills with youth and coworkers; and
- Good customer service skills.
As a Counselor I, you will:
- Assist in organizing and enthusiastically running all recreational activities and camp programs;
- Initiate and implement positive & fun activities by interacting with the campers, and during local excursions & trips, on site classes, swimming, barbecues, sports, games, contests, and more.
For more program information, go to http://cityofconcord.org/593/Backyard-Explorers. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge and Abilities
- Plan, implement and participate in activities in the areas of crafts, nature, group games and sports;
- Monitor and provide for the safety of children, between 5 and 10 years of age;
- Establish positive relationships with youth, parents and coworkers;
- Implement and engage in recreational programs for elementary school youth;
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of good work ethics and youth development;
- Gather and organize supplies for scheduled activities
- Provide First Aid services when needed; and
- Other duties as applies.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Possess experience to work with youth.
- Possess knowledge of how to play games, sports, arts & crafts and other recreational activities.
- Must be at least 16 years old and in good health; have, or be willing to obtain before start of program: Fingerprint clearance, TB clearance; CPR, First Aid, AED certification; and a Food Handling Certification. Must be available to participate in mandatory Training Workshops select dates/times June 1st - June 5th. APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position go to, http://cityofconcord.org/ and click on Employment Opportunities. All applications and resumes will be reviewed in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Applicants will be notified of interview time and date. Other:
For additional information, please contact:
Devynn Darner, (925) 671-3118 or email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 08/06/21 5:00 PM Pacific Time