The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Medicaid Analyst providing support to the Maternal & Child Health Service (MCH). This is an unclassified position (PIN#34002760) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here
] . The annual salary for this position is up to $61,458.28, based on education and experience . Position Description
This position has the primary responsibility for analyzing Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) Medicaid records linked with Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) vital records and program service records. The MCH Medicaid Analyst will perform analyses of these linked data and other MCH-related datasets, assist with the interpretation of findings, and prepare reports of study results. This position will provide broad analytic support for various projects designed to assess the health and health care of the maternal, infant, and child populations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating the data linkages of OHCA Medicaid records with OSDH vital statistics and program services data.
• Perform analyses of linked Medicaid/birth data to support planning and evaluation of Maternal and Child Health programs, OHCA service delivery, and other OSDH/OHCA needs.
• Conduct descriptive and complex statistical analyses of MCH-related data.
• Collect, manage, analyze, interpret, and display data using visualization tools.
• Prepare analytic results to be used in agency and program area planning, including written reports and publications.
• Assure data integrity through the course of its usage to include collection, storage, editing, analysis, and reporting.
• Support the completion of Medicaid-related components of the MCH Title V Block Grant Annual Report and Application and the Title V 5-Year Needs Assessment.
• Design data collection, assessment, and analytic tools that comply with acceptable statistical and epidemiologic practices.
• Present written and oral reports of analyses, assuring that presentations are suitable for diverse audiences. Education and Experience
Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics, or public health with at least 21 semester hours in mathematics or statistics. One year experience preferred. Previous experience with complex data file manipulation, matching techniques, linking large datasets, and use of Business Objects software is preferred. Documented record of statistical analysis work is essential. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong experience in the use of statistical analysis tools and appropriate analytic techniques for the data being analyzed; knowledge of complexities of variables obtained from databases that contain disparate structures and data definitions; and demonstrated skills in the use of SAS and other statistical analysis software as needed. Requirements also consist of the ability to design and conduct studies of the compiled public health data; to determine statistical methods to be used to interpret and evaluate results; demonstrated ability to interpret conclusions of analysis and to share results in a manner appropriate for the audience using the information; to prepare reports, including statistical outcomes, charts or other graphic displays of data; ability to catalog and maintain electronic records, logs, and correspondence related to the linking of data and analyses; and demonstrated ability to lead work teams of diverse makeup in collective projects working toward common goals. Thoroughness and attention to accuracy is fundamental. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to complete linkages and deliver results in a timely manner.
Ability is required to XXX.. Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted. Conclusion Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous