Behavioral Health Nurse
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following date:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 1.2% decrease
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is open to the public
it will be posted for a minimum of five (5) business days and will remain posted on a continuous basis until the needs of the Agency are met. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Deadline for first round of consideration is: Thursday August 25, 2016 @ 11:59pm
This recruitment will establish an open
eligible list and will be used to fill current and future Behavioral Health Nurse positions throughout the County of Orange. However, the immediate vacancies are in the Behavioral Health Services Division. As future vacancies occur throughout the County of Orange, candidates referred to the eligible list will be contacted. This list may also be used to fill positions at lower level within this occupational series. HEALTH CARE AGENCY County of Orange Health Care Agency (HCA)
is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of five service areas - Administrative and Financial, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Regulatory & Medical Services, and Public Health - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
The Behavioral Health Services (BHS)
Division consists of three service areas, which provide a culturally competent and client-centered system of behavioral health services for all eligible county residents in need of treatment for alcohol and other drug abuse and mental health care. The service areas include:
- Children, Youth, and Prevention Services
- Adult and Older Adult Services
- Authority and Quality Improvement Services
- Prevention and Intervention (P&I)
Health Care Agency is recruiting for Behavioral Health Nurses to maintain program compliance with State regulations, primary care physician linkage, metabolic monitoring, medication services, crisis intervention, and medical consultation for all consumers in the programs.
Current openings are in the following programs:DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will possess at least four (4) years or more of experience as a Registered Nurse working and evaluating individuals in a psychiatric setting including those who are at high risk of being a danger to themselves and/or the community, gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder, have a co-occurring substance abuse disorder,or have related health care issues. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following core competencies:
- Technical Knowledge | Professional Experience
- Providing interventions and supportive services to individuals as a method of recovery
- Understanding, knowledge, and awareness of issues pertaining to the mentally ill population
- Handling and conducting crisis intervention including triage concerns
- Evaluating clients effectively for involuntary hospitalization
- Identifying risk factors contributing to the mental health problems within client population
Collaborative Skills | Interpersonal Skills
- Communicating effectively with law enforcement, schools, families, social services, hospitals, and private citizens
- Making presentations and facilitating group discussions with clients for the purpose of outreach, partnership, and advocacy
- Responding promptly to all community calls for information about the program and services
- Ensuring accurate, efficient, and effective communication both orally and in writing that meets state, federal, local, and agency rules and regulations
- Handling high profile and sensitive request from the community with professional diplomacy and skill
Judgement | Decision Making
- Working closely and effectively with a small multidisciplinary team to manage (triage) mental health services.
- Having the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Safety | Security
- Exercising good judgment, thinking quickly, and making sound decisions to prevent injury/loss of life, public relations issues, and agency liability
- Acting with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Prioritizing triages request and determining appropriate response to mentally ill clients as it relates to the seriousness of their condition
- Developing and implementing safety plans to ensure safety of individuals within the facility/clinic ad community
- Being alert and mindful of personal safety and security while giving care to mentally ill clients
to learn more about the minimum qualifications, environmental conditions, and physical chracteristics for the Behavioral Health Nurse Classification.RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the competition.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.Online Examinations (Weighted 100%)
Candidates whose experience and education appear to best meet the needs of the department will be invited to participate in an examination(s) covering job-related items. Only the candidates who receive the highest score on the assessment(s) will be referred to the eligible list.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedure listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EMAIL NOTIFICATION: Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Raymond Mendoza
at (714) 834-6755 or RaMendoza@ochca.com.
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous