Salary: $65,852.80 - $87,089.60 Annually USD
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center Needs You On Their Team
Multiple Positions Are Available So Start You Career With US!
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC) has dynamic career opportunities for Registered Nurses I - Behavioral Health who, while working under training conditions, perform a full range of professional nursing duties in an acute behavioral health treatment setting under close supervision while developing the skills of journey-level Specialty Care RN. Duties include assessing, planning, evaluating; and implementing patient care in accordance with accepted standards of practice and organizational policy; administering medications and treatments; performing documentation; and providing education to patients and families.
For more detailed information, refer to the Mental Health Nurse I job description .
Applicants are encouraged to check out these RN opportunities and apply as appropriate:
Registered Nurse II - ARMC (Up to $53.77/hour)
Specialty Care RN Critical Care Trainee (Up to $50.86/hour)
Specialty Care RN Critical Care (Up to $60.04/hour)
Specialty Care RN Trainee ( Up to $44.04/hour)
Specialty Care RN (Up to $59.49/hour)
*Official title: Mental Health Nurse I
ARROWHEAD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
ARMC's Behavioral Health Center provides adult inpatient mental health treatment services for assessment and evaluation of acute psychiatric emergencies. The Center has 90 licensed beds and is comprised of a Behavioral Health Triage unit, a Crisis Stabilization unit and three Behavioral Health Inpatient units.. Individuals who have experienced crises, or are suffering from chronic psychiatric disorders such as severe depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, and other mental health challenges, are treated in the Behavioral Health Center. In a secure, safe environment, patients are evaluated, assessed, and treated by an interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, clinical therapists, registered nurses, occupational therapists and psychiatric technicians. Registered Nurses are a critical part of the treatment team whose goal is to help patients lead more healthful and productive lives.
ARMC, which is owned and operated by the County of San Bernardino, is a state-of-the-art 456 bed university-affiliated teaching medical center featuring the newest technology in the field of patient care. ARMC is host to a 24-hour Emergency Department providing more than 90,000 annual visits, a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons, a Regional Burn Center, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Specialty Clinics and four Primary Care Family Health Centers (FHC). The FHCs offer comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals and families of all age groups. The FHCs are staffed with experienced attending physicians and resident physicians from the Medical Center. ARMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has a Baby Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA with over 2800 births per year. The Neonatal Intensive Care is a 30 bed Community California Children's Services certified unit.
To learn more about our hospital click http://bit.ly/LearnAboutARMC .
To explore additional STAFF and PER DIEM nursing opportunities, click HERE .
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. ARMC is a twenty-four hour facility; applicants must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays. Shift differentials are provided.
2. The work environment may involve exposure to assaultive and combative patients.
3. Applicants selected for these positions must pass a background investigation and verification of employment history.
4. Requires lifting of up to 100 pounds with assistance, and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
5. Applicants selected for these positions must successfully pass a background investigation and verification of employment history and education.
6. Some positions are Per Diem; indicate your willingness to work Per Diem on the supplemental questionnaire. Per Diem Nurses are not Regular Positions within the County, and there should be no expectation of continued employment or guaranteed hours. Working as a Per Diem Nurse does not preclude you from applying and competing for Regular nursing positions within the County. (Refer to the County of San Bernardino website for current open recruitments.) Per Diem positions participate in the County's PST Deferred Compensation Plan and do not earn any other benefits.
7. Registered Nurse I - BH must be promoted to journey-level classification upon successful completion of the trainee period (e.g., preceptorship, orientation, and/or certification, as applicable). Refer to the MOU for additional information.
8. License/Certifications: RN license, Management of Assaultive Behavior and Basic Life Support must be maintained throughout employment. For a list of certifications required by unit, click HERE .
Candidates must possess all of the following:
License: Must possess and maintain Registered Nurse licensure with the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
Certification: Must possess and maintain Healthcare Provider level Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Note: Registered Nurse I - BH must be promoted to journey-level classification upon successful completion of the trainee period (e.g., preceptorship, orientation, and/or certification, as applicable). Refer to the MOU for additional information.
Candidates possessing experience as a Psychiatric Technician and a Bachelor's degree in Nursing are desired.
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the information provided in your Application and the Supplemental Questionnaire. The most highly qualified candidates, based on the evaluation results, will be referred for an interview. Be sure to include in your application and supplemental questions your experience in meeting the minimum requirements.
Application Procedure : Applications will be accepted continuously and reviewed on a regular basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this recruitment may close at any time. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire.
The eligible list will remain active for three (3) months. Candidates will be certified to ARMC departments based on preferences noted on the supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .
San Bernardino, California