Description:Identity and Access Management Developer(Analyst/Programmer - Career Level)Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $5,500 - 6,875 a month
Full classification Salary Range: $4,372 - 10,792 a month
This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here
Working independently under the general supervision of the Deputy Chief Information Officer in Technology Services, the Identity and Access Management Developer is responsible for how users within our organization are given an identity and how it is protected, including saving critical applications, data and systems from unauthorized access while managing the identities and access rights of users both inside and outside the organization. The IAM developer will be responsible for developing processes for account creation, modification, disabling and deleting accounts. This would include PeopleSoft, Active Directory, LDAP and many other applications and downstream systems. The developer will work closely with application owners to develop processes to manage the entire user account lifecycle to include User Entitlement Review as well as meet audit and compliance requirements.
The IAM developer will participate with the provision support which includes ticket management, customer service, and knowledge of least privilege methodology with security rights, permissions and groups, experience with Active Directory, O365, Active Directory Federation Services and Multifactor platforms (Duo and Okta a plus). Due to the importance of this position, it is expected that a person supporting IAM has basic troubleshooting skills with computer systems, can multitask, work in a fast-paced environment while providing excellent customer service
This position will ensure that programs communicate and share information through the use of Application Program Interfaces (APIs). The developer may also be responsible for modifying the APIs to add functionality to authentication/authorization schemes, customize application user interfaces, create/modify connectors, build event handlers and add additional capabilities to the software packages used. This position will involve close interaction with the technical team and application managers. They will design, analyze and support the campus Identity Management applications. This position may be assigned a variety of other tasks including software development, documentation and quality assurance testing.
This position will work with other technical/functional staff to determine required security design required to support functional business areas of the campus. Duties will include analyzing Enterprise Application security (including but not limited to PeopleSoft), determining user requirements and designing security procedures to meet business needs, confirming compliance with system audit requirements, and configuring the applications to meet those needs including updating security tables. This individual will also consult with users to identify and document business processes, output needs and develop effective change control methods for security object migration. The incumbent may be assigned a variety of other tasks including end user training, software development, documentation and quality assurance testing.Major duties of the job include:
• Provide technical and system administration support services for the Identity and Access Management application and related system interfaces.
• Provide interaction with the technology services peers, applications manager and vendor support.
• Analyze Enterprise Application Security for various roles on campus
• Works with business units, development, project and application support teams to define and implement functional security access requirements and determine appropriate security restrictions in the systems to meet those requirements
• Oversees and maintains the master definition of all functional security roles and permissions across key applications.
• Assess all system changes for functional security impact. Supports unit and integration testing of new roles and impact on roles as a result of changing functions.
• Work with auditors and Chancellor's Office staff to ensure PeopleSoft Security Architecture is compliant with all policies and regulatory standards and requirements.
• Interact with outside IT Solution Providers for systems and consulting resources to ensure effective support for current operations and identify and direct proposed IT system evolution to new releases and/or product mixes.
• Interact with vendor support staff and Technology Services staff in implementing recommended resolutions. Assist in quality assurance testing for the application of system patches, releases, and upgrades to the development and testing data bases, and assist and direct functional testing of these environments prior to their being moved to production. Coordinate with change control staff when needed in the move to production.
• Provide technical solutions to meet business processing requirements.
• Coordinate with and maintain a positive working relationship with other information technology resources on campus and at other CSU campuses to best serve the changing campus administrative computing needs.
• Provide recommendations to the Director on tactical and strategic technical resource decisions.Secondary duties of the job include:
• Participation in Application specific meetings for the campus
• Participate in all phases of the project life cycle, which include planning, organizing, design, development/build, documentation and process guides, testing plans and activities, training plans and activities, communication, move to production activities and project wrap up activities
• Other duties as assignedKey Qualifications
• Experience with Active Directory, ADFS or other LDAP directory services
• Experience with multi-factor authentication platforms
• Knowledge and experience working with Java, Python or PHP
• Knowledge of relational database technology
• Knowledge and experience working with Web and Application Servers and Services (Rest and/or Soap)
• Knowledge and experience working with XML HTML, CSS
• Knowledge of various operating systems, networks, web servers
• Experience working with and integrating with Enterprise Applications
• Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions.
• Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
• Capable of maintaining effective working relationships with others
• Ability to perform systems and applications needs analysis, prepare requests for proposals, and conduct feasibility studies.
• Ability to comply with University and departmental procedures and practices and take an active role in maintaining an understanding of procedures and practices.
• Protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of data and electronic information from incidental, intentional or preventable misuse or loss to the University.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related discipline. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education.
- 2 years experience in Identity and Access Management or closely related field.
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community.
Our department consists of a well trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campus. Deadline & Application Instructions
Recruitment opened until filled. Applications received by March 14, 2021 will be given full consideration by the search committee. Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references. Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Supplemental Information
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled