The City of Taylor is seeking candidates for a dedicated Parks and Recreation Supervisor with experience working with the public, managing staff, exhibiting excellent customer service skills, and overseeing and implementing day to day facility tasks at the Taylor Recreation Center and the Taylor Northwest Pool. The Parks and Recreation Supervisors oversee and manage over twenty staff members, implement daily/weekly assigned tasks, as well as maintain and monitor a clean, safe environment. The supervisor reports directly to the Parks and Recreation Manager. POSITION SUMMARY:
Supervision and organization of the operations and programs, display excellent customer service, coach and develop staff members while providing performance feedback, ensure building cleanliness, as well as implement and oversee all safety policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Key Tasks and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned by the Parks and Recreation Manager and/or designee)
- Assist with scheduling and supervision of employees
- Supervise all programs while on duty
- Answer/return phone calls and schedule facility rentals
- Exhibit strong customer service skills
- Ability to complete some light cleaning tasks
- Assist in a programming and advertising strategy to enhance operations
- Ensure staff are providing excellent customer service
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to stand and maintain a suitable energy for period up to eight (8) hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat frequently to properly oversee building cleanliness as well as occasionally assist in cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to customers, existing members of our facilities, and employees.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to operate and manage the day to day programs and to accomplish the daily and weekly required tasks of the facility. Required to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays starting as early as 6:00 a.m.
- Must be able to work efficiently in outdoor environments and extreme temperatures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in customer service and management
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, facility guidelines, procedure manuals, and staff instructions. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with staff members, customers, and existing members of our facilities. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to perform addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amount such as fees and balances. Ability to read and manage customer account balances. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The City of Taylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer