The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Assists the Senior System Engineer with the research, planning, design, implementation, integration, monitoring, maintenance, and support of systems and cloud infrastructure (enterprise identity and access management (IAM), physical, virtualized and cloud computing, storage area networks (SAN), Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), enterprise email, related applications, systems and peripherals) across multiple data centers and city locations. Provides technical leadership and guidance for the monitoring, reporting, maintenance and support of the systems and cloud infrastructure to ensure continuous performance, availability, reliability, integrity and security improvements.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.The City offers a wide variety of benefits to employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) which offers an investment option and a pension option, and requires a 3% contribution from employees. New hires are automatically enrolled in FRS.
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify. This job classification is in Management Category III for benefits purposes, which includes Six (6) additional Management Vacation Days per year and a Vehicle Allowance of $250/month.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Assists the Senior System Engineer to develop, implement and maintain documentation, best practices, standards, policies and procedures to continuously improve the performance, availability, reliability, integrity and security of the City's systems and cloud infrastructure
- Assists the Senior System Engineer to plan, design, deploy, integrate, monitor, maintain and support systems and cloud infrastructure services consisting of enterprise identity and access management (IAM), physical, virtualized and cloud computing, storage area networks (SAN), Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), enterprise email, related applications, systems and peripherals
- Maintains extensive knowledge in IT systems and cloud infrastructure technology areas, such as enterprise identity and access management (IAM), physical, virtualized and cloud computing, storage area networks (SAN), Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), enterprise email, related applications, systems and peripherals
- Maintains a working knowledge in other IT infrastructure technology areas, such as enterprise networks, firewalls, Internet, remote access and Wi-Fi communications, VoIP telephone, call center, video conferencing, collaborations, audio visual and digital signage systems, related applications, systems and peripherals
- Troubleshoots and resolves level 3 systems and cloud infrastructure problems and provide guidance to junior staff members during the troubleshooting of non-level 3 problems
- Performs root cause analysis of major systems and cloud infrastructure issues and develops strategies for preventative and permanent solutions
- Works with the data, voice, operations and security teams to create effective monitoring, alerting, reporting, automation and capacity planning for systems and cloud infrastructure equipment, systems and applications to ensure systems and cloud performance, availability, reliability, integrity and security
- Assists the Senior Systems Engineer to develop technical specifications of purchasing documents (for example; Request for Proposals (RFP), BIDs, scopes of work (SOW), etc.) for the acquisition of systems and cloud infrastructure equipment and services
- Performs systems and cloud infrastructure operations, maintenance, monitoring, reporting, support and project duties as required, including during non-business hours
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience assisting with the planning, designing, implementation, integration, maintenance, and support of large systems and cloud infrastructure. Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education.
- Microsoft Azure and Office 365 Email experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification or higher
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or higher
- Working knowledge of SolarWinds, PRTG or other Enterprise Network Monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of PowerShell or other tools for task automation
- This position requires Holiday, night and/or weekend work in order to perform many duties.
- Employees in this class are required to provide 24-hour support on a rotational basis and may be called in to work before, immediately prior to, during and after the emergency.
- An in-depth employment background check, including a polygraph exam, will be conducted as part of the post offer onboarding process as this position is deemed security sensitive.
may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work. PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position involves medium physical demands, such as exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form ( J204 ).
Closing Date/Time: Continuous