The Position Portland Parks and Recreation is seeking for Fitness Instructors Recreation Aide - Fitness Instructor:
Fitness Instructors prepare and present lessons/activities for programs and classes while educating and motivating participants in a positive manner. Fitness instructors are asked to provide approved certification from a bureau recognized organization as outlined below AND one year of teaching experience.
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine)
- ACE (American Council on Exercise)
- AFAA (Aerobic and Fitness Association of America)
- NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- NCSF (National Council on Strength and Fitness)
- ISSA (International Sports Science Association)
- NESTA (National Exercise and Sport Training Association)
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- PCC Fitness Technology Degree
- Cooper Institute Certification
- Four year college degree in a fitness related field (eg. Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology)
- Any accredited certification distributed by NCCA (National Commission for Certifying Agencies)
- Instructors are responsible for maintaining discipline and safety while upholding PP&R rules & guidelines. Instructors communicate
- effectively with members of the public and participants exercising problem-solving skills and responding to customer concerns.
- Instructors communicate with staff regarding supplies, space, and other needs while performing maintenance duties as assigned.
- Monitors participation and completes needed paperwork and record-keeping. Instructor hours are dependent on site & program needs and are subject to change depending on attendance and program schedule.
Recreation Aide - Fitness Instructor: $20.25 - $30.25 per hourCity of Portland Core Values:Anti-racism | Communication | Collaboration | Equity | Transparency | Fiscal Responsibility
These values guide our actions as we serve the community and engage our workforce. To learn more about the City's core values, please click here
. Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL
people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.To Qualify Applicants must possess the following:
The Recruitment Process Applicants must submit the following to be considered:
- Need to be accredited or have a certification for what they are teaching.
- Exprience with teaching fitness (1 year minimum).
- Work History
- Answers to Supplemental Questions
Fully describe your relevant work experience and/or any unpaid volunteer experience, making sure to explain how your experience demonstrates the qualifications listed in the "To Qualify" section above.Supplemental Questions
: Please answer all required questions
Your application will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position.
Please note, all completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment. Do not attach materials not requested. Additional Information Work Status:
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application. Veterans' Preference:
If you are requesting Veterans' Preference, attach a copy of your DD214/DD215 and/or Veterans Administration letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veterans' Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment to which you apply. Veterans' Preference documentation must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date of this recruitment. ADA, Pregnancy, and Religious Accommodations:
If you identify as a person with a disability, are pregnant or nursing, or observe a religious practice(s), and would like to request a reasonable accommodation when applying for this job, please contact the Recruiter below for assistance. Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. Did you know?
The City of Portland offers "How to Apply Classes"
that are free and review best practices for applying to the City. Follow the link for the most recent list of scheduled dates: Events | Career Center | Portland.gov Contact Information
Loan Tran Polanco, Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
Loan.Tran@portlandoregon.govClosing Date/Time: 12/31/2021 11:59 PM Pacific