Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary will be between $3,600.00/month and $4,495.50/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
This position provides administrative support to the Department of Economics, and Department of Marketing, and the department faculty. This position will perform a variety of functions; related duties include preparing letters, reports, and enrollment data. Provides information and guidance on university and CBE policies and procedures to faculty, staff and students. The Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for preparing office hours, entering class schedules, providing administrative support for tenure-track faculty recruiting and arrangements. Responsible for processing department travel claims, reimbursement requests, and department related requisitions and purchase orders. This position also acts as backup for the Department of Accounting & Finance, and Department of Management. Responsibilities Supports and Assists Department Chairs and the operations of the Departments
- Prepares forms, letters, memoranda, reports, enrollment data
- Coordinates with chairs/program directors to enter class schedules into Peoplesoft
- Applies requisite blocking and reserve capacities of courses for enrollment
- Coordinates changes in enrollment caps, room changes and other room requests with academic scheduling, post classroom changes and class cancellation signs
- Processes department travel authorizations, claims and reimbursements; order faculty airline tickets
- Prepares department-related requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, business cards, etc. for processing by CBE Division of Financial Services
- Order faculty registrations, subscriptions, submission fees, etc.
- Collects syllabi for each professor/course taught, maintains department electronic and hard copy files; checks syllabi for required information and verifies that office hours meet minimum requirements
- Processes faculty duplicating requests and enters charges into budget tracking sheets
- Serves as a source of information regarding University/College/Department policies and procedures
- Acts as point of contact point for faculty, staff, students, and visitors to the department offices
- Conducts department elections
- Responsible for all tasks associated with review of faculty (RTP, post-tenure review, lecturer review, etc.) at the Department level
- Provides administrative support to department search committees for tenure-track faculty recruiting, arranges candidate hotel reservations, reserves presentation room, co-ordinates with candidates to process paperwork, including travel claims for reimbursement and/or relocation
- Prepares and reconciles monthly procurement card statements and expense log reports
- Records and tracks department expenses in CBE's budget tracking report
- Submits service requests for minor repairs, cleaning, moves, office and classroom problems
- Prepares evaluations for processing; prepares class evaluation report
- Pulls report from data warehouse to create department means and distributes on-line class student surveys to faculty each term
- Sets up laptop computer in conference room (as needed for departmental or college committee meetings and presentations)
- Maintains faculty website office hours and directory; updates class and office hours; revises faculty office signs
- Prepares and/or processes curriculum proposals
- Attends department meetings and other meetings as necessary; takes minutes as requested; orders food for department events, meetings, etc.
- Prepares Separating Employee Clearance Form for lecturers
- Prepares faculty and lecturer key requests for approval and processing
- Serves as back-up for the Departments of Accounting and Finance, and Management
- Reserves room for Economics seminars, sends out flyers and submits slides for closed-circuit monitors
- Processes course materials (including typing or scanning of materials for faculty as time permits)
- Assists at events as needed (e.g., Commencement, Honors Convocation, Student Awards and Recognition)
- Assists with coordinating department events with professional organizations, and others as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of CSU and CBE policies and procedures
- PeopleSoft or other integrated management software
- Knowledge of computer programs such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Cascade, Interfolio
- Knowledge of Imaging software
- Knowledge and sensitivity to issues facing faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in coordinating completion of regular, high-volume work assignments
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, via technology, in person, and via phone. Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills, including conflict resolution and other interpersonal skills
Requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- Equivalent to at least two (2) years of general clerical/administrative office work experience, or a combination of training, education and work experience.
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled