Salary: $110.089 USD
Salary Top: $165.134
Apply By: Jun 23, 2021
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Director, Capital Program Delivery, and is responsible for developing, managing, and administering rail projects from design through construction phase for the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain).
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the scope, schedule, and budget of Caltrain capital systems projects.
- Responsible for the whole project lifecycle from planning, design, procurement, construction, integration, commissioning, and closeout.
- Develop and maintain the project execution plan for assigned projects.
- Work closely with the assigned project engineer(s) to ensure that all deliverables are compliant with Caltrain standards.
- Acts as liaison with internal and external stakeholders for assigned projects.
- Provide oversight and directives for Consultants, Resident Engineer, and Construction Management Staff throughout the project.
- Manage assigned projects and support Senior Project Managers and Program Managers as needed.
- Support and embrace the Asset Management process in the organization.
- Manage coordination and communications with all involved parties, including internal and external stakeholders, other agency departments, senior management, consultants, and contractors.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and builds consensus.
- Investigate, negotiate, and resolve project issues. Identify the root cause of problems and present appropriate solutions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Represent assigned Caltrain projects at meetings, including monthly internal project reviews.
- Perform the following project management duties; develop the scope of work, prepare and review cost estimates; monitor and produce status reports, schedules, and budgets; monitor work in progress; approve, negotiate and execute, funding agreements and consultant contracts, authorize contract payments per contract.
- Prepare staff reports and presentations for Management, the Board of Directors, and other stakeholders on assigned projects
- Negotiate and resolve project issues.
- Work closely with the assigned project engineer(s) to ensure all deliverables are compliant with Caltrain standards
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to represent Caltrain for assigned projects.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities safely to protect oneself, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION: Works under the general direction of the Director, Capital Program Delivery's supervision or her/his designee who establishes goals, objectives and evaluates performance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS; Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Five (5) years fulltime experience in project management of fixed technology projects such as Information Technology, Control, Mechanical, Electrical, or Communication systems.
- Certified Project Manager Certificate from the Project Management Institute.
- A California Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- Experience in Rail Transportation or Construction Management.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a California driver's license with a safe driving record.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
The process will include a panel interview and may include written and skills test assessments or supplemental questions. Only those candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue in the process. Selected candidate must successfully complete a background investigation.
San Carlos, California