Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary will be between $4,372.00/month and $7,084.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
Provides technical leadership in the support of the campus learning management system, databases, portals, and its integration with all third party tools, dashboard, and systems. This position is responsible for the support, design, development, implementation, programming, delivery, and maintenance of resources used for primary front-end and back-end tools and functions. The System Administrator, Programmer, & Data Analyst is one of the primary system administrators for the university's learning systems and integrated tools and oversees the installation of all system updates, upgrades, integrated tools, and other software integrated with the LMS. This position is also responsible for managing the learning system related database and necessary programming for required dashboard, portal, and reports. Responsibilities The individual sought for this position will: take the major responsibility for all learning systems administration and both front-end and back-end technical support.
Supervise student assistants when needed.
- Develop, maintain and operate various technologies used in the delivery of instructional and/or interactive programs and courses.
- Research and resolve LMS or other learning systems' performance or functionality issues.
- Solve functional and technical problems; investigate and seek solutions to complex issues, and perform installation, maintenance of the system, or replacement of various integrated tools for LMS.
- In conjunction with the Instructional Designer, document all LMS configurations, procedures, and workflow diagrams.
- Give individual or group instruction to users or make arrangement for instruction of software or systems.
- Generate reports and create dashboards as needed to show learning system and tools usage.
- Develop automation on processes to streamline system tasks.
- Provide reports or dashboard when requested using various learning system databases and additional developer tools or programming.
- Reviews and improves system operations practices.
- Provides immediate response to problems and emergency situations affecting normal operations. Perform tasks outside business hours is expected.
- Performs capacity and viability planning for database, data storage and learning system performance.
- Performs system security & privacy audit.
- Reviews systems performance proactively.
- Works closely with appropriate external vendors to ensure efficient functionality of resources.
Support faculty technical requests and supporting other office project related functions.
- Supervise graduate or work-study students.
- Provide regular technical assistance to online faculty.
- Support office staff members on other online initiatives related tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Ability to interpret system needs and construct system processes.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Experience in administering the Learning Management system or similar enterprise system.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software programs.
- Extensive knowledge of information architecture principles and methods.
- Must be enterprising, diplomatic and proactive at solving problems.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- Knowledge of streaming audio, video, compression methods, file types and formats.
Condition(s) of Employment
- Master Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Snowflake, PeopleSoft, SAIP, MuleSoft, API, Rest API, Oauth2, and/or Dell Boomi.
- Knowledge of Flask, WSGI, Docker, MongoDB, NLTK, and/or AWS infrastructure.
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled