Description:Job Summary *This is a 12-month temporary appointment with benefits.*
The Communications Specialist works with the Senior Director of Strategic Communications and Media Relations to develop content (i.e. campus messages, social media, news releases, stories, FAQs, key messages/talking points, media statements, etc.) for the campus community and external stakeholders, specifically focused on university initiatives and COVID-19 messaging as well as special projects, as assigned. Assists senior director with media inquiries pertaining to crisis or reputation management, as needed. Leads content development for website and disperses campus messaging through various communication channels. Assists Director of Strategy and Policy with content development for immediate Office of the President, including student-centric content.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work with Senior Director of Strategic Communications and Media Relations to develop content (i.e. campus messages, social media, news releases, stories, FAQs, key messages/talking points, media statements, etc.) for the campus community and external stakeholders, specifically focused on university initiatives and COVID-19 messaging as well as special projects, as assigned.
- Lead content development for website and posting on website on university's content management system (OU Campus) and disperse campus messaging through marketing automation software platforms (e.g. Marketo).
- Draft social media copy for use on SJSU social media channels.
- Serve as lead writer and editor for campus messaging focused on COVID-19.
- Assist Director of Strategy and Policy with content development for immediate Office of the President, including student-centric content.
- Work directly with campus stakeholders across divisions/colleges who are subject matter experts on messages that need to be developed.
- Produce stories for SJSU Newsroom, as needed.
- Assist senior director of strategic communications and media relations in media inquiries responding to COVID-19 related, or other, crises or reputation management, as needed.
- Develop media statements, talking points and key messages.
- Log media statements and clips related to crisis or reputation management issue.
- Provide media analyses, as needed.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the culture and protocols of public higher education.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and implement thematic material.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demands and projects simultaneously; and work independently with minimum supervisions as well as part of a team.
- Ability to develop content for print, online, and social media.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Expert skill at writing professional-toned, engaging and persuasive content for print, web and social media.
- Thorough skills to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and/or the broader public.
- Thorough analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional demeanor in volatile situations.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze dynamic situations, synthesize and verify information, and offer guidance to the university leadership team.
- Ability to work across university department, university division and government jurisdictional lines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders on confidential, sensitive and emergent situations.
- Ability to manage and maintain documents and spreadsheets with confidential information.
- Ability to assist with handling media inquiries, as needed.
- Storytelling skills across all platforms including text, photography, videography, websites, blogs, and social media.
- Thorough knowledge of web content management system (CMS, e.g. WordPress, Drupal, OmniUpdate Campus). Ability to effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing automation software platforms (e.g. Marketo) and workflow management tools (e.g. GatherContent, Slack, Asana).
- Thorough knowledge of the rules of composition, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- General knowledge of software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment, and handle multiple work priorities.
- Bachelor's degree, which includes relevant coursework in the field
- Five years of related professional or technical experience
- Master's degree in Communications or Journalism
- Seven or more years of experience as a communications specialist. Higher education experience
Classification: Public Affairs/Communications Specialist III
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,211/month - $6,200/month
Hiring Range: $4,104/month - $7,425/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: March 29, 2021 through April 12, 2021
. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university. Contact Information
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled