Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Notes to Applicants
- Golf Course Maintenance Worker I ($15.00 per hour): 18 years of age, one (1) year experience in the assigned area.
The City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department ( PARD ) provides, protects and preserves a park system that promotes quality recreational, cultural and outdoor experiences for the Austin community. Working with the City of Austin provides a number of health and welfare benefits, such as medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more! Click HERE
for more information.
The purpose of the Temporary - Golf Course Maintenance Worker I position is to: provide maintenance and support services to the City of Austin Municipal Golf Courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following:
- Checks and services vehicles.
- Changes and repair tires.
- Lubricates and service vehicles and equipment.
- Performs tune-ups on gasoline and diesel engines.
- Overhauls and/or replaces carburetors, distributors, starters, alternators, water pumps, etc.
- Disassembles repair and service and reinstall vehicle and equipment assemblies such as brake systems, transmissions, radiator/cooling systems, basic hydraulic systems etc.
- Records properly repairs and service data on appropriate forms and through use of computer equipment.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
Application Instructions/Job Requirements:
- Application: A detailed, complete application is required, and applicants must include on their Employment Record all experience (work and/or volunteer) related to this job posting - up to 10 years or more; this will be used to determine your base compensation. Employment Record dates must include month and year. Verification of employment history dates on resume should match online Employment Application. Statements such as "See Resume" will not be accepted and a resume alone will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
- Skills Assessments: Skills assessment(s) may be required as part of the recruitment process.
- Virtual Interviews: PARD may conduct virtual interviews.
- Military/Veteran: An applicant claiming Military/Veteran status must provide a copy of his or her DD-214(s), or valid comparable document, at the time of interview.
- Physical Requirements: Tasks may involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying or using a force equal to lifting up to fifty (50) pounds. Work environment includes inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme temperatures, and hazards associated with equipment operation including fumes, oils, gases and mists. Must be physically and mentally able to communicate, respond and work with participant's needs and safety issues.
- This may turn into a multi-position posting and multiple candidates may be hired from this recruitment. If you are not contacted 10 business days after the recruitment closes, you are not moving forward in the recruitment process and we encourage you to review our other City of Austin recruitments.
- If you are selected for this position and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you will drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
- 90 Day Provision for Additional Vacancy: This posting may be used to fill other vacancies in other divisions/work locations within the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department. Decisions on assigned selection will be made at the time of hire based on the business needs of the department.
- All PARD work site locations are tobacco-free.Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any PARD work site - including construction sites, parking lots, garages or in any personal vehicles located on the premises.
$15.00 per hour. Hours
Days and Hours: Variable - Part-Time Schedule
Job Close Date
- 30 hours per week with varying work schedules Tuesday - Saturday.
- Some weekends and holidays will be required.
- Work schedule and location is subject to change based on department needs and programs.
06/30/2021 Type of Posting
Parks and Recreation Regular/Temporary
Temporary Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category
Lions Municipal Golf Course - 2901 Enfield Rd, Austin, 78703 Preferred Qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Previous mechanical experience with golf carts or small gasoline engine equipment (mowers, weed trimmers, etc.).
- Previous experience working in a mechanical shop environment.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled grounds maintenance tasks.
- Performs minor and major repairs.
- Performs turf maintenance, turf repairs & turf renovations.
- Operates equipment.
- Operates hand tools.
- Performs safety inspections and addresses deficits.
- Prepares golf courses for play.
- Operates and maintains irrigation systems.
Responsibilities - Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised: None. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Knowledge of assigned areas.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of assigned equipment and vehicles.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment or materials applicable to the work being performed.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Are you at least 18 years old?
* How many years of experience do you have maintaining and/or repairing small engine equipment similar to golf carts, mowers, weed eaters, etc.?
- 0-1 years
- 1-2 years
- 2-4 years
- 4-6 years
* Describe your experience in small engine maintenance and repair.
(Open Ended Question)
* If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background check (CBI)?
* Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of the regular job duties?
* This is a multi-position job posting and you will only be notified if you are selected to move forward in the process. Once the department is no longer hiring for this position, you will receive a notification informing you of such.
- I acknowledge this statement
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents