ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (All incumbents may not perform all duties).
- Assists, plans, organizes, and instructs a class in a specialized recreation area.
- Explains and demonstrates activity techniques to class or program participants.
- Prepares and/or submits orders for class materials and supplies.
- Observes necessary precautions to insure safety of participants. Takes appropriate actions in emergency situations.
- Maintains and submits attendance records and reports and submits incident reports as necessary.
- Orders and maintains supplies and equipment for the assigned locations.
- Supervises and insures class area readiness. Sets up and monitors class equipment and ensures its return in serviceable condition.
- Understands and implements Parks and Recreation Department Policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education and Experience :
- Minimum age of 18. High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience as a Class Instructor I or m inimum of one year experience teaching and/or supervising classes in a closely related program area.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate may be required at time of hire/reclassification, dependent on program area.
- Advanced certifications related to the program area being taught may be required.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license within required time frame.
- Grade: TMP-4
- Minimum Salary: 9
- Maximum Salary: 9
- Pay Basis: HOURLY