Police Records Representative - PT 2016 City of Waco, TX 1 of 3 Police Records Representative (PT) Office / Clerical 4056 Physical Type # 1 Police Records Supervisor Police 215 Non-Exempt
Under basic supervision, processes Waco Police Department (WPD) report requests, enters data into secure computer databases, performs research and provides information within scope of authority.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs basic clerical duties in accordance with WPD policy and procedures, including data entry, record keeping and preparing and processing documents; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Transcribes and processes Officer reports, processes information requests and maintains files and database records; assists customers with payments, reports, applications and technical documents.
• Processes a variety of public records and requests; answers inquiries and explains policies and procedures; provides information and assistance within scope of authority;
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• City policies and procedures.
• Policies, rules and regulations governing the management and safety of police records.
• Principles and practices of confidential records management and file maintenance.
• Explaining laws and regulations and following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
• Dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software and entering information with speed and accuracy.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND one year of customer service and clerical experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
• Specific technical training and certifications are required, including training for access to National/Texas Crime Information Centers (NCIC/TCIC); depending on the needs of the City, additional licenses and certifications may be required.
Police Records Representative - PT City of Waco, TX 2 of 3
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical activities of this position include: o Balancing - Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. o Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. o Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. o Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward. o Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. o Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles. o Finger Dexterity - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. o Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. o Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. o Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. o Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound. o Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
• The physical requirements of this position: o Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field vision: o The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
• The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: o Work is performed primarily in an office setting or well-lit, temperature-controlled working environment.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an 'at-will' relationship.
Police Records Representative - PT City of Waco, TX 3 of 3 Job Description Acknowledgement I verify that I have received a copy of my job description by the signature below. As an employee of the City of Waco, I understand the duties and responsibilities assigned to me. Furthermore, I understand that the duties listed above are guidelines and will change over time, as necessary. From time to time, I understand that I may be asked to perform duties and handle responsibilities that are not specifically addressed in my job description.