The purpose of this position is to maintain the interior and exterior of Airport facilities and grounds by performing routine maintenance on the buildings and maintaining grounds. Other duties include assisting other divisions as needed and interacting with other City employees and citizens.This position requires working weekends. The schedule will be Saturday through Wednesday 8:00am to 4:30pm. Essential Job Functions
Minimum Qualifications High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Maintains the interior of facilities by painting walls; vacuuming and cleaning carpets; buffing and mopping floors; assembling furniture; dusting and polishing furniture; removing trash; moving furniture; and replacing interior lights.
- Maintains the exterior of facilities by sweeping sidewalks; using the pressure washer to clean outside walls and sidewalks; remove litter, debris, and trash; mowing lawns; replacing exterior lights; and the removal of graffiti.
- Maintains grounds by picking up litter; cleaning and repairing restrooms; emptying trash barrels; maintaining athletic fields; mowing grass; trimming trees; planting shrubs and flowers; and maintaining turf.
- Provides customer service to the public by providing information as requested; and ensuring the security of guests.
- Over one year of experience in general ground maintenance or any related work.
- Experience with mowers, weed eaters, basic hand tools, janitorial; minor electrical and HVAC a plus.
- Opportunity for advancement into supervisorial management possible
- Per FAA requirements, be able to speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work weekends; 40 hours Saturday - Wednesday
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
- Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous