Salary: $11.41 - $15.97 Hourly USD
Job Summary The purpose of this position is to protect the lives of the City's patrons. The role of the Head Lifeguard is to assist the Pool Manager with any pool or facility operations. Head Lifeguards assist in many aspects of aquatic operations and have the same authority as managers when a manager is not on duty. This is accomplished by sitting on the stand; scanning the water; observing patrons' activities and enforcing pool rules and regulations. Other duties include ensuring the sanitation of water conditions; providing customer service and answering customers' questions; setting up facilities for special events and interacting with City employees and the general public.Essential Job Functions
- Provides service to the general public by coaching swimming lessons; scanning the water to monitor activities; informing customers' of upcoming events and answering inquiries.
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations; monitoring activities and providing assistance when necessary.
- Prepares facilities for special events by setting up tables and chairs and decorating.
- Overseas operations in the absence of a Pool Manager.
- High School or GED preferred but not required.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines.
- No experience required.
- Requires American Red Cross -Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, First Aid certification.
- Assists the Pool Manger with tasks.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires some judgment and decision.
Closing Date/Time: 8/31/2021 5:00 PM Central
8/31/2021 5:00 PM Central
Grand Prairie, Texas