FIRST DAY OF FILING :
Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., Pacific Time (PT) EXAMINATION NUMBER:
PH4907A TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
Open Competitive Job OpportunityTHIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS BEING REPOSTED TO REOPEN THE FILING PERIOD AND UPDATE BULLETIN LANGUAGEDEFINITION
Assists the Public Health Laboratories Director in the administration of a variety of administrative programs and functions at the Public Health Laboratory.CLASSIFICATION STANDARDS:
The single position allocable to this class works under the supervision of the Public Health Laboratories Director at the Public Health Laboratory and assists that position in the performance of a variety of general administrative functions. These functions include personnel administration and budgeting for all technologists and auxiliary employees, development of written materials required by accrediting agencies and institution and service as a resource on laboratory operations, organization, and legislative proposals and enactments pertinent thereto.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists the Laboratory Director with management and oversight of Public Health Laboratory (PHL) campus facilities
- Serves as the primary laboratory facilities manager and project manager interfacing with Department of Public Health (DPH) Facilities Management, Internal Service Department, contractors, and other vendors related to various facility needs not limited to security, housekeeping, building maintenance, improvements, and repairs; ensures building operations meet regulatory requirements.
- Manages and provides technical oversight for the Central Accessioning and Receiving Laboratory units to assure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and regulations; prepares protocols and policies related to specimen receiving and inventory supply; ensures staff training and manages workflow.
- Investigates and coordinates laboratory order issues with Materials Management; resolves invoice issues; coordinates and ensures scheduled deliveries for general laboratory supplies and services.
- Prepares, submits, and manages documents for vendor agreements and contracts. Responsible for oversight of contract monitoring not limited to equipment, courier, housekeeping, and security.
- Responsible for program inventory and special program assignments.
- Functions as PHL liaison for DPH departments, programs, and agencies; including budget preparation and fiscal monitoring, assisting with test cost development, personnel administration, union-related matters, audits, board letters, and other related administrative functions.
- Analyze workload and identify patterns to identify emerging trends and make recommendations on the most effective utilization of laboratory resources.
- Develops and implements general laboratory policies and procedures to enhance and improve program efficiency, effectiveness, and performance.
- Counsels all levels of staff regarding proper interpretation of County policies, practices, and procedures.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
Two (2) years of full-time work experience as a Supervising Clinical Laboratory Scientist I* or the equivalent.LICENSE/CERTIFICATE:
A Clinical Laboratory Scientist License** issued by the California Department of Public Health. PHYSICAL CLASS:2 - Light:
Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10-pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
- *In the county of Los Angeles the Supervising Clinical Laboratory Scientist is defined as p rovides technical and administrative supervision for a single shift of an in-hospital or ambulatory care facility clinical laboratory unit performing standardized tests within a specialty or across specialty lines.
- **Please complete the "Certificates and Licenses" section of the application. Also, in order to
receive credit for the required license/certificate, you must include a legible copy of the official
license/certificate with your application online at the time of filing or within fifteen (15) calendar
days from the date of application submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on how to obtain the letter/certificate from the California State Department of Public Health click on the link below: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OSPHLD/LFS/Pages/PublicHealth.aspx
- No Out-of-Class Experience or Verification of Experience letters will be accepted.
The experience listed below must be full-time work experience beyond the Selection Requirements:
- Work experience as a lead laboratory administrator.
- Work experience in facilities management.
- Work experience in procurement, invoicing, and inventory.
- Work experience recruiting, hiring, and training of new laboratory staff.
- Work experience writing and developing policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Work experience beyond the Selection Requirements.
Title change effective January 23, 2007. Former Title: Medical Technology Assistant Administrative Supervisor.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an Evaluation of Training and Experience based on application information, desirable qualifications, and Supplemental Questionnaire at the time of filing weighted 100%Candidates must meet the Selection Requirements and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be added to the Eligible Register.
Notifications (if any) for this examination will be sent electronically to the e-mail address provided on the application. It is important that candidates provide a valid e-mail address. The notifications will also be sent to your inbox
on My Career Page
Website. Please add hrexams.@ph.lacounty.gov
to your e-mail address book and list of approved senders to prevent e-mail notifications from being filtered as spam/junk mail.
Passing this examination and being added to the Eligible Register does not guarantee an offer of employment.
Non-Acceptance and Final Examination Results letters will be sent via United States Postal Service (USPS). Examination scores cannot be given over the phone or by e-mail.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Complete applications will be processed on an "as-received" basis and will be added to the Eligible Register accordingly. The names of candidates receiving a passing score in the examination will be added to the Eligible Register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility.NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed.VACANCY INFORMATION:
The Eligible Register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Department of Public Health as they occur.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
Applications must be filed ONLINE ONLY
. Applications submitted by mail, fax, or in person will NOT
be accepted. Any required documents (license, certificate, etc.) and/or additional information, if any, must be submitted with your application online or within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission to email@example.com
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply"
button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website. Applicants must submit their completed applications by 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing.
The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly
shown that you meet the SELECTION REQUIREMENTS .
Fill out the application and Supplemental Questionnaire accurately and completely to receive full credit for any relevant education and/or job experience you include. In the space provided on the application for education, include names and addresses of schools attended, dates attended, degree(s) received, and degree major. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job/position title, start and end dates, the number of hours worked per week, and detailed description of work and duties performed. If the application and/or Supplemental Questionnaire is/are incomplete, the application will be REJECTED
If you are unable to attach the required documents with your application online, you must
e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of the application submission. In the "Subject" of the e-mail please type the Exam Number and Exam Title.
Failure to provide complete, accurate information will impact the assessment of your qualifications and the acceptance of your application into the examination process.IMPORTANT NOTES:
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
- Please note that ALL information supplied by applicants and included in the application materials is subject to VERIFICATION at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- Applications may be rejected at any stage of the examination and selection process.
- FALSIFICATION of any information may result in DISQUALIFICATION or RESCISSION OF APPOINTMENT.
- Utilizing VERBIAGE from Class Specification, Selection Requirements, and/or Special Requirements information serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so it will result in the application being rejected as INCOMPLETE.
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID, E-MAIL AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their OWN user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes in the format XXX-XX-XXXX. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.
California Relay Services Phone: (800) 735-2922
ADA Coordinator Phone: (323) 914-8505
Teletype Phone: (800) 899-4099
Alternate Teletype Phone: (800) 897-0077
Department Contact Name: Exam Analyst
Department Contact Phone: (323) 914-8488
Department Contact E-mail: email@example.com