DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
FILING START DATE: 7/27/2015 AT 8:00 A.M. - UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
EXAM NUMBER: Y5134H
REBULLETIN INFORMATION: THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. TYPE OF RECRUITMENT OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
* * THIS EXAMINATION WILL BE USED TO FILL VACANCIES IN THE NORTH COUNTY ONLY * * DEFINITION:
This experienced level class provides professional nursing care and services to patients in a variety of settings.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively communicates and collaborates the patients, families, care givers, and/or co-workers pertinent information concerning discharge planning, changes in patient care, changes in treatment plan, patient medication administration, aftercare instructions, and follow-up appointments to deliver the best possible patient experience.
- Completes and maintains accurate as well as legible medical documentation in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Manages relationships with internal and/or external members of a healthcare organization.
- Participates in performance improvement activities; with a focus on patient experience, regulatory compliance, and/or departmental process improvements projects.
- Delegates, assigns, and/or supervises the assigned work of others including Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs), nursing attendants, technician, clerical staff, and students.
- Participates in committees and projects at the unit, department, facility, and/or health system wide level.
- Seeks experiences that reflect current clinical practice to achieve and enhance professional/clinical competencies and professional practice.
- Serves as a liaison between committees, staff, and management.
- Participates in identifying and resolving ethical issues in the practice setting.
- Serves as a preceptor: expert or specialist who gives practical experience and training to new graduate, a new hire, a re-entry, or a nurse that is transitioning into a new area.
- Participates in product evaluation and product standardization activities.
- Participates in approved clinical investigations or research studies in accordance with departmental policies.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS :
1. Three years of full-time experience* at the level of Los Angeles County classification Registered Nurse I**.-AND-
2. A license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.-AND-
3. Current certification issued by the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program. License(s) and Certificate(s) Required:
A license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Current certification issued by the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.
A valid California Class C Driver's License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Please ensure the License and Certification Section of the required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, date(s) of expiration and the name(s) of the issuing agency for the required licensed as specified in the Selection Requirements. Applicants MUST attach a legible photocopy of the required license/BLS certification to their application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days from the application filing date. Applications submitted without the required evidence of BLS certification will be rejected.The required license and certification MUST be current/active and unrestricted ; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification will NOT be accepted.
The original license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing and BLS certification must be present during the selection process and/or prior to appointment.Physical Class III -
Moderate: Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighing over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
*Full-time experience must be post-license only
**Experience at the level of Registered Nurse I in the County of Los Angeles is defined as:
- providing professional nursing care in a variety of patient care settings (e.g., critical care, emergency room, medical/surgical, operating room, neonatal intensive care, labor and delivery, intermediate/telemetry, psychiatric care, correctional nursing, etc.). The primary scope of practice involves applying the nursing process to assess basic or routine patient conditions and needs; identify a nursing diagnosis; and develop, implement, and evaluate a patient-centered plan of care.
- participating in conducting prospective, concurrent, and retrospective utilization reviews of patient services or hospitalization to maintain quality of care and fiscal responsibility.
***In order to receive credit for a college degree on this examination, you must include a legible photocopy of your "official" diploma(s), "official" transcripts, or "official" letter(s) from an accredited institution which shows the area of specialization, at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing your application online .
Credit will be given to applicants who possess the following desirable qualifications:
- ***Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or ***Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
An evaluation of training and experience based upon application information and desirable qualifications weighted 100%.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on each weighted part of the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the Eligible Register accordingly.
The names of candidates will appear in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility.No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
The eligible register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies in NORTH COUNTY ONLY
. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION: APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX, OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking the "APPLY" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or recession of appointment.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned, If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach documents to your application, you must email the Exam Analyst, Martha Teran at firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE:
All applicants must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA COORDINATOR:
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE:
(800) 735-2922DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Martha Teran, Exam Analyst
(323) 914-5150 email@example.com