The Position There is an additional 3.35% Management Differential which is added to the posted salary for this class. This is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 5/5/21 & 6/7/21
Under general direction, the Energy Program Manager performs program planning, administration and evaluation for County owned and leased equipment and physical facilities. Moreover, the Energy Program Manager is responsible for preparing policy and guidelines, coordinating and resolving conflicts related to the development, implementation, and evaluation of energy conservation and management programs. Watch to explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering sciences
- Thermodynamics and mechanics as related to energy production, transmission, utilization and conservation
- Alternative energy technologies
- The general provisions of local, federal and state laws and regulations applicable to energy resources utilization
- Utilities energy savings programs
- Funding sources and finance issues related to energy services
- Budget preparation and administration
Employment Qualifications Minimum Qualifications Either:
- Plan, organize and implement a comprehensive energy resources utilization program
- Resolve complex energy resources systems problems
- Analyze energy data and present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing
- Resolve energy related conflicts
- Consult with and advise County officials and representatives on a wide variety of energy related subjects
- Maintain effective working relationships with County employees, the public and other agencies
1. Three years of experience in energy engineering managementAND
a Bachelor's degree in engineering, energy resources management, architecture or closely related fieldOr:
2. Registration as a Professional Engineer.Or:
3. Four years of experience in energy engineering project managementAND
a Bachelor's degree in economics, planning, business or closely related field.Note:
Additional work experience can be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.Special Requirements
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License, Class C or higher, will be required prior to appointment.
(1) Failure to maintain a valid California Driver's License, Class C or higher may constitute cause for termination from this class in accordance with Civil Service Rule 11.4.
2) Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Criminal History Information Check:
Each candidate considered for an appointment to this position must pass a criminal history information check made by Sacramento County.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve (12)
months. Application and Testing Information
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply. County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response. Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 6/7/2021 5:00 PM Pacific