Under general supervision, to perform professional public health nursing services in the home or public health clinics in an assigned planning area.
Twitter I @scvmctalent
Facebook I facebook.com/SCVMC
LinkedIn | linkedin.com/scvmc
- Visits and observes assigned patients and their families to discover, define, act on and/or report causes of health problems;
- Participates in various clinics by interviewing and counseling patients;
- Recognizes attitudes and cultural patterns that are detrimental to health and guides families towards desirable changes;
- Teaches basic health procedures in the home in relation to individual family needs;
- Provides professional health counseling to individuals and their families;
- Refers families to appropriate community agencies and clinics for specialized services;
- Coordinates care of patients with other public and private agencies;
- Determines caseload priorities and performs on-going and follow-up evaluation to determine effectiveness of treatment;
- Consults with lay and professional members of the community to identify community needs and provide appropriate programs;
- Recommends long term program planning for complex health problems;
- Interprets physician's orders and assists families in carrying out these orders; performs medical tests and reports on test results;
- May supervise assigned personnel;
- Attends staff meetings and in-service training sessions;
- May pursue appropriate job related educational courses;
- Performs other related work as required.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing and one year of experience as a Public Health Nurse.
Possession of a valid Certificate as a Public Health Nurse issued by the State of California.
Possession of a valid California driver's license.Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and methods of public health nursing;
- Causes, control and care of communicable diseases;
- Community resources and health agencies related to public health nursing;
- Use and effects of medicine.
- Plan, organize, and carry out public health nursing activities in a district;
- Work effectively with patients and families to assist them in satisfactory solution of health problems;
- Develop and maintain effective public relations with community organizations;
- Analyze situations accurately and take appropriate action;
- Speak and write effectively.
Closing Date/Time: 5/14/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.