JOB SUMMARY*Open until filled with first review of applications on April 19th. JOB SUMMARY
Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of WIC program operations; provides breastfeeding education, encouragement, and support; provides customer service to program participants and applicants; screens and calculates applicant eligibility; processes program documentation; issues benefits to clients; participates in community outreach; and performs other related duties.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conducts various clerical support tasks:
- Answers multi-line phones to assist callers and provide information.
- Schedules and coordinates WIC appointments.
- Processes and maintains program records, files, and documentation; copies, faxes, and files documents; updates/ maintains client records.
- Performs data entry; generates reports.
- Provides customer service and assistance to program participants and applicants:
- Gathers applicant information; verifies income; calculates eligibility for program services.
- Issues and explains benefits to participants.
- Coordinates and provides service referrals as necessary.
- Orders supplies; monitors and tracks supply inventory.
- Coordinates and provides breastfeeding counseling:
- Sends letters of introduction to pregnant and/or breastfeeding women.
- Educates and assists breastfeeding women with proper breastfeeding techniques and resolves breastfeeding complications.
- Issues, fits, and instructs clients in the use of breast pumps and other aids.
- Provides instruction and encouragement to pregnant and breastfeeding participants
- Teaches breastfeeding classes to pregnant and breastfeeding participants.
- Refers complex issues to qualified lactation professionals.
- Maintains WIC facility to ensure a clean, safe, and sanitary environment:
- Participates in cleaning restrooms, kitchen/break area, furniture, doors, windows, floors and equipment.
- Removes trash to the proper disposal receptacle.
- Re-stocks supplies such as tissue, towels, soap and hand sanitizer.
- Reports facility issues to supervisor.
- Participates in community outreach activities as required.
- Obtains participant anthropometric measurements and/or blood samples as assigned.
- Teaches nutrition education classes as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- This position works under general supervision.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six (6) months related experience is required.
- Are receiving WIC or have received WIC.
- Have successfully breastfed or expressed breast milk for at least one baby.
- Have the ability to work outside of regular clinic hours and outside of the WIC clinic.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Proof of required immunizations or obtain upon employment.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, ie Outlook, Word, Excel preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to read, process, and prepare program records and documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with program personnel, outside agencies, program participants, and the general public.
- Attends meetings as required or directed.
- Runs reports and prepares documents as directed.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Primary duty station is in Kyle, Texas.Travel to alternate WIC sites may be required.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 30 pounds occasionally. Subject to talking constantly; sitting, walking, pushing/pulling, reaching, handling and fine dexterity frequently; standing, lifting, carrying and foot controls occasionally; kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing and balancing rarely.
Working conditions involve exposure to infectious diseases, blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids. Safety Sensitive Position.