We are looking for a City Maintenance Worker to support The City of North Las Vegas
p erforming unskilled and semi-skilled work in construction, maintenance, parks and related service activities.
In this role the ideal applicant would be proficient in performing a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance, construction and repair work in the area of work assigned as well as displaying a high level of proficency operating a variety of vehicular and stationary mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner. Skilled in p erforming heavy manual labor, using small hand and power tools, such as shovels, rakes, brooms, weed-eaters, blowers. Understanding and following oral and written instructions and communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing is essential. Additional requirments would be experience with e stablishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contracted in the course of work and w orking independently in the absence of supervision.
About North Las Vegas:
Established in 1946, the City of North Las Vegas is the third largest city in Nevada and is one of the fastest growing cities in the state. Serving a community of roughly 260,000 people (and growing!), North Las Vegas is comprised of a diverse group of residents, businesses and employees dedicated to positively influencing the community and making an impact!
The North Las Vegas team is a caring and fun group of individuals who take a vested interest in each other's success. We lift one another up and challenge each other to rise to the occasion each and every day. We do whatever it takes to ensure that vital resources and services that our residents and businesses depend on, are provided in an efficient and effective manner. Community, accountability and teamwork is everything to us and at the heart of all that we do. We are proud of our accomplishments and work diligently to strategically align operations with the City's objectives.
Benefits and Perks:
(Many of our positions offer the following)
- 4-day, 36-hour workweek, Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (May vary by position specific needs).
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plan option, with affordable low cost alternative plans available.
- 13 paid holidays off annually.
- 3 weeks of annual leave accrued each year (up to applicable maximums).
- 3 weeks of sick leave accrued each year (up to applicable maximums).
- Employer-paid participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System of Nevada (PERS).
- Employer-paid Term Life and AD&D insurance for employees, plus dependent life insurance.
- Deferred compensation 457(b) Plan, which is a government deferred compensation plan similar to a 401(k) plan. It offers both pre-tax and after-tax savings and investment options.
- Annual merit increase program based on performance evaluations and/or contractual wage increases.
- Complimentary access to our fully equipped fitness center at City Hall.
Key Focus of the Role:
(Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Assist city maintenance personnel in manual labor duties.
- May assist in cleaning drainage structures; digging and backfilling trenches; asphalt repair work, concrete repair work.
- Mows, trims, edges, prunes and waters parks and other landscaped areas.
- Assist in planting, seeds and resods lawn areas; plant trees, seedlings and shrubs. May be requested to provide flagging operation.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of supplies; lifting and moving heavy objects.
- Performs other duties as required.
Regular and timely attendance is required. Position may be asked to respond to emergencies during off hours
Qualifications and Attributes:
- High school diploma.
- One year of progressively responsible experience performing general field maintenance work.
Equivalency : May substitute a combination of equivalent education and experience. The city assesses 1 year of fulltime experience as equivalent to one year of education.
- G.E.D. may be substituted for high school diploma.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must obtain and maintain a valid:
- Must possess a valid State of Nevada driver's license at time of hire and maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle record for the duration of employment.
- Nevada Department of Transportation, Flagger Certification within 12 (twelve) months of appointment to position. Failure to obtain and maintain this certification will result in non-confirmation of appointment.
- IMSA or ATSSA Work Zone Safety Certification within 12 (twelve) months of appointment to position. Failure to obtain and maintain this certification will result in non-confirmation of appointment.
- Complete an OSHA-10 course in construction industry safety and health hazard recognition and prevention, developed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration of the U.S. Department of Labor. Completion card must be continuously maintained while employed in this classification. Failure to complete and maintain the course within six (6) months of hire will result in non-confirmation of appointment.
- People Group: Teamster Non Supervisor
- Grade: TNE-10
- Minimum Salary: 15.09
- Maximum Salary: 25.43
- Pay Basis: HOURLY