Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at:
http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ Mohave County Public Works Department is now recruiting for an Equipment Services Technician for Fleet Services
This is service maintenance work at a skilled level in inspecting and performing preventative maintenance on vehicles, heavy vehicles and heavy equipment. The work requires knowledge of the techniques, methods and procedures used to service heavy equipment and heavy vehicles as well as the ability to perform preventative maintenance services. The work is semi-routine in that tasks are covered by procedures or precedents, but some latitude is permitted to consider the most appropriate method, technique or procedure to follow. The work involves differing situations requiring use of judgement and search for solutions or new applications within employee's known experiences. Work is performed both in a service garage environment and in the field where there are some risks and hazards, but they are controllable. Operates motor vehicles and uses equipment and tools necessary for performing preventative maintenance on vehicles, heavy vehicles and heavy equipment. Physical demands consist of bending, walking, standing, sitting, reaching and lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Work is performed under general supervision where the work assignments are varied and the worker is permitted some latitude to set priorities subject to supervisor's approval. REPORTS TO
Higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
None.Essential Job Functions
An employee in this classification works in an assigned technician area to acquire journey proficiency.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs preventative maintenance such as changing hydraulic, transmission and engine oils and filters; checking and replacing lights to ensure proper functioning; visually inspecting and changing belts, hoses and wiper blades; draining and replacing fluids in coolant systems; and checking brake pads, fluid levels / leaks, safety equipment , etc. on heavy equipment, heavy vehicles, and vehicles.
- Performs preventative maintenance on diesel and gas vehicles and heavy equipment
- Operates vehicles, heavy equipment and heavy vehicles to move for service.
- Utilizes a variety of trade equipment and mechanical hand and power tools in performing work assignments.
- Maintains daily work records of work done, material used and time spent.
- Assists in maintaining an adequate supply of materials, equipment and tools required to fulfill work assignments.
- Cleans, maintains and services required equipment and tools used during performance of work assignments.
- Assists in the maintenance, servicing, diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair of county-owned heavy equipment, heavy vehicles, vehicless and related equipment components.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two years of education and / or experience in performing preventative maintenance on vehicles.
- At least one year experience must be in servicing heavy vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Some apprentice experience in a skilled trade area and sufficient education to perform required arithmetic and to read and write information associated with the craft work assigned.
- OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must possess a valid Driver's License for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Must possess the ability to obtain a valid Commercial Driver's License, Class B with tanker endorsement within a six month period of appointment to the position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Tools are to be provided and maintained at the employee's cost.
- Must pass drug screen post offer.
- Methods, tools and materials used in vehicles, heavy vehicles and heavy equipment maintenance.
- Use and care of a variety of maintenance equipment, mechanical hand and power tools.
- Occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions applicable.
- Ability to inspect, remove and reinstall standard maintenance parts.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Safe, effective use and care of tools and equipment.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Understand and to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Perform routine tasks with manual dexterity, physical coordination and stamina.
- Learn to estimate material quantities and labor hours required to perform work assignments.
- Adjust to a variety of job assignments.
- Demonstrate initiative and reliability in learning and performing assigned tasks.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date chronological records and documentation.
- Learn, interpret and apply established guidelines and procedures as provided in trade manuals, and related documentation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with journey trades personnel, associate personnel, personnel of other County departments and general public.
- Fulfill physical requirements of work assignments to include frequent moderate lifting of 25 - 50 lbs., performance of moderate to strenuous manual labor and performing work assignments with the use of tools and equipment in cramped and contorted positions.
- Ability to operate automotive and heavy equipment with a gross vehicle weight rating of 8,000 pounds or more
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.