PSYCHOLOGIST 2 - Requisition ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date:
1721 E SNYDER AVE(CC0360) Geographical Location:
Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa Department:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-CORRECTIONAL PROGRAMS Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$61,011.36 - $91,350.00 Recruiter:
MEGHAN L CHRISMAN Phone:
775 977-5508 Email:
Psychologists provide psychological services to clients or inmates in a correctional, rehabilitative, clinic or institutional setting including psychological testing, assessments, treatment planning and implementation, psychotherapy, consultation, psycho-educational classes, research and training. Psychologist II's are assigned complex caseloads and treat the most severely mentally ill, developmentally or learning-disabled inmates in a correctional setting.
This recruitment will be used to fill two vacancies at Northern Nevada Correctional Center (NNCC), in Carson City. The incumbent provides support services to inmates in a correctional setting including assessment, and psycho-educational classes. Make specific treatment recommendations and behavioral observations; provide crisis intervention; and deescalates inmates. Please have an official university transcript of graduate and/or post graduate degree(s) sent directly to the mailing address identified below. Transcript must be received by the recruitment closing date in order for application to be considered: Meghan Chrisman/5500 Snyder Avenue/Building 17/Carson City, NV 89701. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, counseling, education, social work, or closely related field and three years of post-Master's degree experience providing therapy, psychological testing and programmatic services in a correctional, rehabilitative, clinic or institutional setting; OR a Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, educational psychology, social work, or closely related field which included a one-year internship in an applied program and one year of professional experience providing therapy, psychological testing and programmatic services in a correctional, rehabilitative, clinic or institutional setting; OR a Doctoral degree (Psy.D.) in clinical psychology from an accredited school of professional psychology, a one-year internship in an applied program, and one year of experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for fingerprinting.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid driver's license at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Incumbents in the Department of Corrections are required to work with and amongst inmates to complete job duties.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno