DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-DIRECTOR'S OFFICE Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$63,746.64 - $95,672.16 Recruiter:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
Information Technology (IT) Professionals analyze, develop, implement, maintain, and modify computer operations, systems, networks, databases, applications, and/or information security. Incumbents may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the agency. Incumbents perform advanced journey level duties and may train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff and/or serve as a project leader as assigned. Incumbents may function as a unit leader to include directing the activities of a branch IT support unit, overseeing projects of limited scope, and coordinating activities with other work groups.
This vacancy is with the Nevada Department of Corrections Information Technology team. The position's focus is on database administration as well as systems administration. The incumbent will play a major support role for the agency's offender tracking system, including the Oracle application servers, Oracle database and Oracle scheduler. The incumbent also serves as the primary administrator for Kronos, as well as supports various other IT infrastructure including backups, load balancing, intranet site, databases and scripting.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analyst and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- Statewide travel is required.
- Applicants must be willing to work standby and carry the standby cellular phone for evening and weekend system troubleshooting.
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno