Performs advanced technical installation, construction, testing, maintenance, and repair duties on traffic signal control devices and systems. Supervises subordinate crew members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Performs journey-level technical repair, construction and/or maintenance duties on traffic signal control devices, street lighting systems, parks electrical and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs after hour response to emergencies related to job specification, on a rotating basis.
- Reviews and prioritizes work orders, coordinates with outside agencies and assigns available resources to complete work assignments of varying nature and difficulty in the technical advancement, inspection, testing, maintenance, and repair of traffic signal control devices and systems.
- Serve as safety coordinator.
- Serves as an experienced resource to others in troubleshooting, diagnosing, construction, and design, in order to maintain efficient, effective, and safe traffic flow, direction, and control.
- Diagnoses malfunctions, installs, maintains, constructs, and repairs traffic signal control devices, street lighting and parks electrical systems.
- Conducts both field and shop testing on complex solid state integrated circuits.
- Devises modifications and designs changes of controls and equipment as needed in order to integrate into existing systems.
- Designs, constructs, and implements technical improvements, maintains and repairs fiber optic systems, video surveillance, security systems, public address and 900 MHz point to point systems.
- Installs and reconstructs field wiring for street lights, traffic signals, school flashers, fiber optic systems, lighted signs and parks electrical devices.
- Programs and calibrates traffic controllers and school zone warning systems.
- Performs special events duties, such as holiday banners, Christmas lights, DUI checkpoints etc.
- Documents work results and maintains required files.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and supplemental course work in electrical/electronics preferred.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible related experience in electrical/electronics, to include one year journey-level experience and two years traffic signal experience. Supplemental course work in electrical/electronics preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Nevada state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and the ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state Commercial Driver=s License (Class B) w/ Air Brake endorsement; Automatic Transmission restriction permissible within twelve months.
- CPR and First Aid Certification within one year.
- IMSA Work Zone Safety at time of hire.
- IMSA Level I Traffic Signal Technician at time of hire.
- IMSA Level II Traffic Signal Technician within one year.
- IMSA Roadway Lighting within one year.
- Journey-Level Electrician=s Certificate within one year.
- Fiber optic certification for installation, termination and design as needed upon availability.
- Adjusting and calibrating electronic equipment and ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Design, construction and installation of control and monitoring systems.
- Use and maintenance of tools and testing equipment.
- Observes electrical safe practices.
- People Group: Teamster Non Supervisor
- Grade: TNE-20
- Minimum Salary: 27.72
- Maximum Salary: 46.74
- Pay Basis: HOURLY