DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION Division:
ADMIN - ENTERPRISE IT SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-AGENCY IT SERVICES Work Type:
OVERLAP Salary Range:
$69,739.20 - $104,901.12 Recruiter:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
Information Technology (IT) Professionals analyze, develop, implement, maintain, and modify computer operations, systems, networks, databases, applications, and/or information security. Incumbents may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the agency.
This position is in Enterprise Information Technology Services, Agency IT Services, Database Administration at 333 W. Nye Lane, Carson City. This position serves on a team of database administrators and provides primary level Oracle and SQL Server database administrator support in a complex, multi-user, multi-department, 24x7 mission critical environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, database monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery management, change management, schema design, data migrations, upgrades, and database and operating system scripting in multiple Windows and Unix operating systems. This position also provides secondary level backup database administrator support for other DBAs on the team. Other responsibilities include providing professional customer service, project leadership and coordination, supervision, training, and personal ongoing professional development. While this position is an overlap position, once the overlap period is over, the position will become permanent.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and five years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analysis and development, and/or information security, two years of which were at the advanced journey level or in a supervisory or project management capacity; OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science,management information systems, or closely related field and five years of progressively responsible professional IT experience which may include systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analysis and development, and/or information security, relevant to the duties of the position, two years of which were at the journey level in information security; OR two years of relevant experience as an IT Professional III in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Applicants must be willing to work standby and carry the standby cellular phone for evening and weekend system troubleshooting.
- Working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays is required.
- A valid drivers license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno