DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION Division:
DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION Business Unit:
HR-DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 40 Salary Range:
$63,746.64 - $95,672.16 Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
This is an IT Professional III position with the Department of Taxation, located in Carson City. The Application Development team is a diverse and collaborative group that strives to find the balance between individuality and teamwork. We are responsible for the support and maintenance of various applications and processes required for: state revenue collection, taxpayer maintenance, and tax code enforcement. The Application Development team's primary goals are to maintain a highly data-driven codebase as well as implement coding enhancements to these applications and processes as directed by leadership and legislative measures.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated self-starter to join the Application Development team. The incumbent should be able to work independently under limited supervision but asks the necessary questions when it is required. Incumbent should also be effective multi-taskers with advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as being an excellent verbal and written communicator. Prevalent experience working in Microsoft ASP.NET in building dynamic websites using SOLID principle and major design patterns are essential. Knowledge of Oracle Pl/Sql, Cobol, Version Control, ETL's, Java, Jenkins, and tools such as Jira or similar are desired.
Incumbents perform advanced journey level duties and may train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff and/or serve as a project leader as assigned. Incumbents may function as a unit leader to include directing the activities of a branch IT support unit, overseeing projects of limited scope, and coordinating activities with other work groups.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analyst and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- Applicants must be willing to work standby and carry the standby cellular phone for evening and weekend system troubleshooting.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno