DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION Division:
ADMIN - STATE PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION Business Unit:
HR-BUILDINGS & GROUNDS Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$41,572.08 - $61,011.36 Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
The Department of Administration (DOA), State Public Works Division (SPWD), Buildings and Grounds Section (B&G), in Carson City, Nevada is recruiting for a Custodial Supervisor 3 position. This position manages the custodial program and is supervised by the B&G Facility Manager in the northern portion of the state.
This position is responsible for the supervision and the oversight of the performance of one (1) B&G Custodial Supervisor I; seven (7) B&G Custodial Workers and contracted custodial service employee, including supervising and working with Trustee/Inmate workers. This position prepares bid specifications for the procurement of vendors, equipment, materials and chemicals; is responsible for providing custodial services to DOA, SPWD, and B&G buildings, and ensures vendors are complying with contractual agreements. This position maintains the supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for SPWD, and B&G buildings and employees.
This position interacts with all agencies and departments that own or occupy state buildings within the State and is responsible for surveying buildings to identify and rectify custodial deficiencies and is in charge of weekly safety meetings; training on safety precautions for B&G staff in order to stay in compliance with mandated cleaning schedules and ensures the section remains safety compliant. This position requires travel up to 25% of the time, therefore, the incumbent must have and maintain a valid Nevada Driver's License. This position requires a flexible work schedule which includes stand-by/call-back status in order to meet the needs of the department. The selected incumbent must pay for and pass a criminal history check.
**THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
The Examination Training and Experience Evaluation Exam
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and four years of progressively responsible experience in custodial and buildings maintenance work at a multi-building facility. Two years of the experience must have been in a supervisory capacity which included assigning, evaluating and directing the work of custodial workers; preparing bid specifications for the procurement of equipment, materials and chemicals; and providing training in the use of cleaning materials and chemicals and the use of various types of powered equipment; OR one year of experience as a Custodial Supervisor II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications/resumes include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application/resume and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application/resume) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application. Once you apply for the position, you will be taken to a series of questions.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno