DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-NO NEVADA CORRECTNL CENTER Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 26 Salary Range:
$35,328.96 - $51,281.28 Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
The Nevada Department of Corrections has a vacancy for a Driver Warehouse Worker 1 at Northern Nevada Correctional Center, in Carson City, Nevada. Driver Warehouse Worker receives and stores freight, take periodic inventories, enter data into Warehouse program in computer, load transporting vehicles, and deliver and pick up supplies, materials, and equipment. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training. Incumbents must possess computer skills, have an understanding of warehouse inventory systems, and understand the shipping, receiving, and inventory process. Incumbents are assigned to a warehouse which serves as a distribution center for several divisions and institutional facilities. They will supervise warehouse workers and inmates engaged in activities such as loading and unloading freight, and rearranging stock by providing training, work assignment and work review.
Incumbent must possess current Class B CDL and must obtain a Class A CDL within 6 months from date of hire. Must have the ability to read warehouse orders, inventory reports and equipment operation and service manuals; perform simple math calculations; document the condition of freight and prepare inventory reports; communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors, and staff from various agencies; lift, push and pull heavy objects frequently; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and other agency personnel; complete assignments within established deadlines; perform repetitive work according to set procedures, sequence, and pace. The incumbent must have skill in driving light, medium and heavy duty transporting vehicles long distances and in a variety of driving conditions.
Incumbent must be willing to work with inmates To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
* **THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.***
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- One year of experience in warehouse operations which included responsibility for loading freight, operating forklifts and operating single commercial vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more to deliver supplies and equipment; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Some positions may require double/triple trailer endorsement, hazardous materials endorsement and/or qualifications to drive an over-length combination vehicle.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Driver Warehouse Workers are required to possess a valid commercial driver's license with appropriate endorsements at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances. In addition, federal law required random testing for controlled substances during employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno