DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-CORRECTIONAL PROGRAMS Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$47,188.80 - $69,739.20 Recruiter:
ANA MARIA ORNELLAS Phone:
775 684-0151 Email:
Substance Abuse Counselors perform professional duties in areas of screening, assessment, case management, education, and treatment of clients and perform related administrative duties and recordkeeping in accordance with the standards and requirements of the Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
Incumbents provide direct clinical services that include substance abuse counseling group facilitation, intake/assessments, development of individualized treatment plans, individual counseling, and oversight of therapeutic community activities. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-12_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Certification as an Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor by the State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- Licensure as a Certified Counselor or Licensed Counselor from the Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors is required at the time of application and as a condition of continuing employment.
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas