Salary: $15.00 - $18.23 Hourly USD
Parks Maintenance aide Part-tiMe, teMPorary $15.00 - $18.23 Per hour (dePending on exPerience) Under the direction of a department supervisor or lead workers, the Parks Maintenance Aide is assigned to various crews, which are responsible for a specific area. Tasks performed by each crew include irrigation, turf maintenance, playground equipment, street planters, park planters, and special projects. This is a part-time, temporary position and work schedule may include weekends. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Knowledge of basic pruning, turf maintenance, planting procedures, plant care and common safety procedures.
• Possession of a valid Class C California Driver's License is required.
• Use basic math.
• Appropriately select and safely use hand and power tools.
• Interact effectively with the public, work effectively and harmoniously as part of a crew, and clearly communicate maintenance needs to Supervisor.
• Assist in performing routine assembly and repair of playground equipment and repair of wood and concrete structures.
• Bend, reach, twist, stoop, stand and walk for extended periods of time. TYPICAL DUTIES
• Pruning and trimming trees, shrubs, and ground cover using gas powered and hand tools such as shears, chain saw, hedge trimmer, and vacuum.
• Weeding areas using a hoe, string trimmer, hand trimmer, or hand puller, and edging turf using a string trimmer.
• Cleaning sand boxes, trash cans, light poles, remove graffiti, and cleans walkways.
• Removing and replanting trees and shrubs using staking and tying methods; grinds stumps.
• Fertilizing turf and landscaped areas..
• Picking up litter and dumping garbage cans in parks, streets, and landscaped areas.
• Assisting in the repair of structures such as bleachers, backstops, benches, and concrete walkways, curbs, and slabs.
• Daily ballfield maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The most qualified applicants will be invited and will take part in an interview process, date and time to be determined. Prior to starting employment, the selected applicants must provide a copy of a certificate showing that they have undergone and successfully cleared a tuberculosis test within the past two years, or undergo a tuberculosis test arranged by the City. Applicants under age 18 must provide a copy of a current work permit prior to starting employment. Applicants selected for the positions will be required to undergo and successfully pass fingerprint check and Covid test by the City prior to starting employment. If you are interested in this position, please complete the 'Park Maintenance Aide' Application availale at www.pleasantonjobs.org. If you have questions about this position, you may contact Brian Fiorio, Parks Maintenance Supervisor, at email@example.com.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous