Reporting to the Senior Director, Faculty Services, the Administrative Support Assistant provides clerical and general office support to the Senior Director, Faculty Services and Senior Director, University Personnel Operations.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Set up and maintain moderately complex conventional and electronic records and files (Imaging), involving multiple filing systems.
- Provide a wide range of on-going support to the assigned work units; run errands.
- Type routine correspondence, prepare and send form letters
- Organize mailings, prepare flyers and other forms of communication and publicity.
- Troubleshoot minor office equipment problems.
- Make operational and procedural recommendations.
- Basic knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Ability to use standard word processing and related computer software packages such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to identify and solve standard problems and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Fundamental writing and presentation skills to effectively communicate standard information.
- Completion of a high school program or its equivalent
- Six months of experience in an office environment
- Demonstrated successful experience in an office environment with multiple interruptions and high volume of work
- Knowledge of faculty work life, attitudes, and opportunities
- Knowledge of PDF document workflows, capabilities, and limitations
- Experience with data and document retrieval, storage, and transfer
- Demonstrated strong logic, quantitative, and qualitative thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong computer skills
Classification: Administrative Support Assistant I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $2,912/month - $3,141/month
Salary Range: $2,912/month - $3,829/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: April 13, 2021 through April 27, 2021
. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university. Contact Information
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled