Working Title Assistant Director, University Housing Facility Operations (Administrator II)
Classification Title Administrator II
Under the general direction of the Senior Director, Facility Operations and close collaboration with the Executive Director of University Housing, the Assistant Director of Housing Facilities & Grounds provides leadership and oversight for Housing facilities and surrounding grounds. Administers the long-range facilities planning process for University Housing. Plans, schedules, and assists in coordinating renovation/construction projects and all maintenance for residential housing units, one dining hall, and several acres of grounds and landscaping. This responsibility includes customer service, supervision of staff in a unionized environment, budget oversight and control, safety, and energy conservation programs. Develops disaster preparedness, business continuity plans and emergency response procedures. Coordinates the emergency call-back system to provide 24/7 facilities services, including weekends and holidays. Works closely with a diverse population of students, staff, and managers supporting the University Housing program.
FLSA MPP - This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is exempt from overtime provisions of FLSA. This position is covered by health benefits.
Classification Salary Range
$4,583 - $13,750 monthly
Hiring Range Anticipating $6,800 to $8,000 per month, depending on qualifications
Salary Grade/Range 1
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent? No
Regular or Temporary Regular
Full Time or Part Time Full Time
Pay Plan 12
Work Hours 7:30am-4:30pm; Monday- Friday. Other hours as required.
Housing and Student Life
1. Must hold a Bachelor's degree
2. 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible facilities experience with a strong background in management and administration.
3. Demonstrates the ability to perform a wide range of complex and technical assignments associated with a physical plant including knowledge of structural systems, HVAC systems and associated controls, plumbing, electrical, and electronic security systems, grounds, and custodial services.
4. Demonstrates the ability to lead during change and to create collaborative and collegial working relationships
5. Experience in the development of long range and preventative maintenance plans
6. Demonstrates the ability and desire to work with effectively with a diverse student population, paraprofessional and professional staff, including active participation and collaboration with other University constituents.
7. Strong computer skills and familiar with a variety of software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
8. Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
9. Demonstrates ability to function effectively in a high energy work environment with constant demands from a variety of sources
10. Knowledge of collective bargaining procedures and contract conformance
11. Knowledge of Cal-OSHA, Injury Illness Prevention Programs, National Electric Code, Uniform Building Code
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
12. Ability to pass background check appropriate for the duties of this position
13. Must possess and maintain a valid CA driver's license
14. Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, business, management, or industrial technology
15. 3 to 5 years of experience of progressively responsible experience in Housing facilities and grounds
16. Experience in student housing operations in a higher education environment
Valid California Driver's License and maintenance of safe driving record required.
Is Background Check Required Yes
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Hiring Preference Not Applicable
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position may include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate may be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
Posting Number AS0878P
Number of Vacancies 1
Open Date 04/15/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Priority Application Deadline 04/29/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Works on-site during COVID-19 campus closure.
Recruitment is open until filled. Priority application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, April 29, 2021.
Contact Name Employment Services
Contact Phone 916-278-6326
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
Letter of Recommendation
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled