Definition and Class Characteristics
Join our Road Maintenance Team for the summer season! We are looking for individuals to assist with road and bridge maintenance utilizing a variety of medium and heavy road maintenance equipment. This is an entry level position but serves as a critical role while assisting with minor road repairs, brush clearing, and other duties as assigned. Ideal candidates will have:
- Safe work practices
- Geography and road names of a Nevada County road maintenance district
- Methods, procedures, tools and materials used in the repair and maintenance of bridges
- Learning to maintain and make minor repairs on roads
- Performing physical labor requiring strength, manual dexterity, and agility
- Understanding and carry out oral and written instructions
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Why Nevada County? Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions. Our leadership connects with the community, listens to them, and provides significant programming to keep us safe and healthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To review the entire job description, click here
. Examples of Duties
Closing Date/Time: Continuous