SEASONAL FORESTRY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - Requisition ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date:
2301 FIREBRAND RD(MN0020) Geographical Location:
Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa Department:
DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION & NATURAL RESOURCES Division:
DCNR - FORESTRY DIVISION Business Unit:
HR-FORESTRY Work Type:
SEASONAL Salary Range:
$38,314.80 - $55,958.40 Recruiter:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
Seasonal Forestry Equipment Operators, under general supervision, operate specialized forestry vehicles and equipment on a statewaide bases, to include aviation fuel trucks, firefighter crew transports, forklifts and other assigned vehicles and/or equipment; and perform routine equipment maintenance.
The position is with the Air Operations program located in Minden. The incumbent will be driving and performing routine operator maintenance on the two aviation fuel trucks. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/09/9_0a-Road_Construction___Maintenance//
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.***
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and one year of commercial freight and/or commercial fuel delivery experience which included responsibility for loading freight and/or fuel and operating a Class B commercial motor vehicle; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Positions are subject to call-out or call-back.
- A valid Class A or Class B Nevada Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- As a condition of employment, pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must first submit to a pre-employment screening test for controlled substances.
- Positions required to drive the aviation fuel truck will be required to have both a HAZMAT and Tanker endorsement at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Statewide travel for extended periods and call-out in emergencies is required.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe