Description: Department of Accounting
College of Business and Economics
The Department of Accounting at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for two tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in Accounting with appointment to begin Fall 2022.
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) is a minority-serving institution and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. CSUF is strongly commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply. Position
We are seeking applicants who have expertise in the areas of Financial, Managerial, or Data Analytics/Accounting Information Systems. Faculty members are primarily responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate students, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, College, Department, profession and to the community. They are expected to advise students, participate in campus or system-wide committees, maintain office hours, work collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participate in other academic activities. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, substantial service, on-going commitment to peer-reviewed research and scholarly activities. Required Qualifications
- Ph.D. in accounting, information systems, or a related field (by the time of appointment),
- Demonstrated experience in accounting such as teaching, research, and working in industry,
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly accomplishments,
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or excellence in teaching,
- Demonstrated potential for effective integration of technology into instruction, and
- Ability and commitment to communicate and work effectively with students, staff, and faculty in a culturally diverse environment.
- Accounting certificate such as CPA, CMA, and CA, and
- Industry experience
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php
, choose full-time faculty, search for position Assistant Professor in Accounting Requisition #500700
, and provide the following required materials:
- Cover letter in which you respond to the required qualifications,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Research statement,
- Exemplary publications, if applicable (in a single PDF file),
- Teaching statement (include, if applicable, examples of how you used technology such as spreadsheets, databases, and programming languages, among others in your teaching),
- Unofficial Ph.D. transcript,
- Candidate statement on commitment to inclusive excellence:
- This statement provides the candidate's unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of this statement is to help the department identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas. More information can be found at https://hr.fullerton.edu/diep/.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information.
- On the references page of the online application, enter information for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter at the appropriate step in the search process. Candidates can verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Finalists will be asked to have each of their three referents submit a letter of recommendation. Please have these ready for the referents to submit should you move forward to this phase of the search.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Ken Guo at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 657-278-7029. Application Deadline
Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled. The College and Department
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at both the undergraduate and master's levels. With about 10,000 students enrolled, the CBE leads business education on the West Coast as one of the five largest business colleges in the U.S. and the largest in California. For more information about the College visit: http://business.fullerton.edu/
The Department of Accounting is separately accredited by AACSB and offers both undergraduate and Master's programs. The Department strives to further CSUF's identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. For more detailed information about the Department, please visit our website at: http://business.fullerton.edu/accounting/ Additional Information
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes: health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled