This is an excellent opportunity to work for the Community & Library Services Department - Huntington Beach Art Center working under the direction of the Community Services Specialist for the art camp program.
Ideal candidates must possess effective and cooperative communication and interpersonal skills and work well in a variety of environments. Excellent customer service skills and people skills are required. The incumbent will be assigned to work 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM, Monday - Friday from the end of June through the first week of August.These are Non-Perm, Part-Time positions.
Temporary/part-time employment is restricted to 1,000 hours within a 12-month period (July 1 - June 30) and does not qualify to receive City benefits, except those required by law. The City does not belong to the Social Security system. However, enrollment in an alternative retirement program is mandatory which requires an employee contribution of 7½% of base earnings to the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS). There are no rights to employment and employment may end with or without cause or advance notice. Further restrictions apply to CalPERS Retired Annuitants.
Examples of Essential Duties
With direction of the Community Services Specialist:
- Set-up and clean-up of classroom spaces
- Assist Class Instructors and participants with class projects and activities
- Provide participants with a safe work environment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Performs other duties as assigned
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The City at its discretion, may add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.
Qualifications Education and Experience :
Some high school and previous experience or related training required. Volunteer service or school-related experience is accepted and should be reflected in the application. Certifications
: CPR/First Aid Certificates must be obtained within three months of appointment. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Please Note: Our primary means of communication with applicants is sent via email; therefore, please include a valid email address on your application.
- An official City of Huntington Beach on-line job application must be filled out in its entirety.
- If you do not have paid work experience, please list any relevant volunteer or leadership experience.
- Applications will be closely reviewed for relevant experience, education and training.
- Applicants best meeting the City's needs will be invited to a department interview.
- Upon a conditional offer of employment a drug screen (select positions), TB Screening and California Department of Justice (DOJ) Live Scan fingerprinting must be completed with acceptable results.
- Other background reports may also be conducted depending on the position.
- Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
Physical Tasks & Environmental Conditions SPECIAL CONDITIONS Public Employee Disaster Service Worker:
In accordance with Government Code Section 3100, all Huntington Beach city employees are required to perform assigned disaster service worker duties in the event of an emergency or a disaster.