DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Division:
NDE - DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Business Unit:
HR-DATA SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$63,746.64 - $95,672.16 Recruiter:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
The Department of Education, Student Data Services, is recruiting for an IT Professional 3 position for their 700 E. 5th Street office in Carson City, Nevada. The incumbent will be the technical security administrator working closely with Department IT staff, local school districts and charter schools to manage the Department's Identity and Access Management System. This is a new system that is currently being implemented and will enhance or replace the security to several of the Department's existing systems. It will interface with Active Directory and provide users with a single-sign-on experience across those platforms. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge/working experience with Active Directory, Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) security experience. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSI
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analyst and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc (ISC2 ) - Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) is equivalent to three years of experience.
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) - Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is equivalent to two years of experience.
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) - Security Expert is equivalent to two years of experience.
- Other nationally recognized information security certifications may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno