DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-ELY STATE PRISON Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 29 Salary Range:
$39,943.44 - $58,380.48 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
MARJALISA B ROBERTS Phone:
775 289-1218 Email:
Food Service Cook/Supervisors prepare and/or supervise quantity food preparation and serving according to standardized menus and recipes in an institutional setting.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-3_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and four years of experience which involved planning, preparation and serving of regular and special meals; following established menus; ordering food supplies; and maintaining records in an military, institutional, correctional, healthcare, hospitality, or other large quantity food service facility. One year of the required experience must have been in a supervisory capacity; OR one year of experience as an Food Service Cook/Supervisor II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Incumbents in the Department of Corrections are required to work with and amongst inmates to complete job duties.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Nevada