Provides oversight of Accelerated BSN Degree offerings and site activities. Guides Accelerated BSN Degree recruitment, retention, admission, progression and completion activities at designated site. Provides didactic and clinical instruction within the faculty role.
- Acts as a representative and advocate for the Accelerated BSN Degree Program within the School of Nursing, the university, and the community.
- In collaboration with the Accelerated BSN Degree Program Director(s) and faculty, directs resource utilization for the Accelerated BSN Degree Program in the assigned region.
- Carries an appropriate faculty teaching load locally, and online as appropriate.
- Maintains the regional network critical to building and preserving clinical sites for Accelerated BSN Degree student experiences.
- Maintains membership and participates in activities of professional associations.
- Supervises Accelerated BSN Degree student application, progression, and completion activities in conjunction with the Accelerated BSN Degree Program Director(s).
- Maintains local and regional community contacts for Accelerated BSN Degree recruitment and educational activities.
- Seeks out and evaluates futuristic educational and technological trends that promote non-traditional nursing education strategies and colleague networks.
- Identifies appropriate coaches, clinical sites, and prospective adjunct faculty within the designated region.
- Facilitates local clinical teaching for Accelerated BSN Degree students.
- Negotiates local affiliation agreements as necessary to implement the Accelerated BSN Degree component.
- Participates in continuous QI activities.
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource person to colleagues, students, and community.
- Contributes to the generation of new knowledge in nursing and nursing education.
Required Qualifications Education:
Master's degree in Nursing required
All degrees must be from an accredited universityExperience:
Educational experience in a nationally accredited nursing program
Experience in nursing education and scholarly production
Minimum of 2 years educational experienceLicensure:
Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrated leadership skills related to coordination of teaching activities
Effective verbal/written communication skills and proficiency in English language
Awareness of current issues/trends in nursing and higher education
Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
Awareness of unique needs of the Accelerated BSN Degree student
Doctorate in nursing preferred.
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Professional/Personal Reference, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.