DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION Division:
ADMIN - ENTERPRISE IT SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-TELECOMMUNICATIONS Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 38 Salary Range:
$58,380.48 - $87,320.16 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
This is an IT Professional 2 position located in Las Vegas. The incumbent will be a part of Communication-Telecommunications. The incumbent will administer the State of Nevada Avaya Enterprise Network including servers, switches, routers, and digital/VoIP phones; provide telecommunications support and quality customer service to all State agencies; and handle different independent databases for the State voice network system including Call Manager, CMS (Call Management System for contact centers), NetPlus (call accounting), Aura Messaging (voice mail), Aura Conferencing (conference bridges).
The incumbent will maintain and define technical databases including the configuration of all Media Gateway servers, switches, and VoIP phones so that they interact together to provide a smooth operating network system; assist with telecommunication installation projects including site surveys, cabling, fiber, circuit installs, programming, and the physical installation of telephony equipment; work with other State agencies and vendors to maintain older legacy PBX systems; and serve as liaison to vendor technical personnel and coordinate installations of all associated equipment, circuits, and trunking. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and two years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, and/or applications analysis and development; OR two years of experience as an IT Professional I in Nevada State service; OR four years of relevant technical experience as an IT Technician IV or above in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 25% of the time is required.
- A pre-employment State of Nevada FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- Statewide travel is required.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas