DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - HEALTH CARE FINANCING & POLICY Business Unit:
HR-HEALTH CARE FIN & POLICY Work Type:
TEMPORARY Pay Grade:
GRADE 37 Salary Range:
$55,958.40 - $83,394.72 Recruiter:
GINA E. MICK Phone:
775 684-0107 Email:
Position Description This recruitment is only open to current classified employees in state service with at least six months of continuous, full-time equivalent service who currently work at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Social Services Program Specialists perform administrative and professional work in conjunction with the administration of statewide public assistance, medical assistance, or social services programs. Incumbents function as first-line supervisors who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; assign and review work; and initiate disciplinary action.
This opening is for a Social Services Program Specialist 3 within the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP) Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) unit, located in the Las Vegas District Office. The incumbent provides administrative oversight and management of the Money Follows the Person Demonstration Grant. Duties include developing goals and objectives to increase community access to institutionalized Medicaid recipients and achieving grant benchmarks and activities. Responsibilities also include collaborating with various units within the Division, other state agencies and community partners. Incumbent prepares and submits multiple reports to federal grant partners. This position directly supervises two positions. This position is a temporary grant funded position. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-12_0//
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.***
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study pertinent to the program assignment and two years of professional social services, medical assistance programs services, or healthcare services experience which included serving as a consultant to professional/supervisory program personnel; directing the operation of a program unit; coordinating program activities with officials and representatives of other agencies; interpretation and application of complex documents such as federal regulations, technical journals, and legislative studies; writing program policies, procedures, and reports; and conducting research and preparing recommendations for management; OR one year of experience as a Social Services Program Specialist II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- This position requires statewide travel up to 25% of the time.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid drivers license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas