PN# 25645: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (Exec Level)Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTEDReporting Location:
16930 John F. Kennedy Blvd. *Workdays & Hours:
Monday Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.* DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Under general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Assistant Director- Financial Planning & Analysis will manage the activities of the Financial Planning & Analysis business unit, developing business cases, compiling budgets and forecasts, and reporting as necessary to the Chief Financial Officer. The Assistant Director will assist the Chief Financial Officer in the development of financing plans to deliver projects approved in the HAS Capital Improvement Plan. The Assistant Director will lead in the compilation and development of capital and operating budgets while also producing financial reports as necessary to provide an update on the status of HAS's financial performance against prior years and budgets. The role, among other responsibilities, will deliver financial insights associated with key performance indicators of the Houston Airport System and deliver ad-hoc financial analysis requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Director- Financial Planning & Analysis include, but are not limited to:
Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Developing advanced proficiency in the update of HAS's long-term financial planning model.
- Developing a full understanding of HAS's airline use and lease agreements and the associated impact on financial planning and projections.
- Delivering an Actual vs. Budget Capital Report every month.
- Leading the development of the FY23 capital and operating budget.
- Completing a Passenger Facility Charge application evaluation on an annual basis, following approval of Houston Airport System's Capital Improvement Plan, to determine if and/or when the Houston Airport System should initiate completion of a new application.
- Working with financial advisors, bond counsel, and City of Houston Finance Department to determine when HAS must enter the capital market to continue financing its Capital Improvement Plan.
- Delivering routine reports on Houston Airport System Key Performance Indicators (KPl's) with key insights on trends affecting organizational performance.
- Performing ad-hoc scenario planning, reporting on key assumptions and variables to assist executive management in planning and decision-making.
- Leading the completion and submission of the City of Houston's Monthly Operating Financial Report (MoFR) on a monthly basis.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS EDUCATIONAL
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Management, Public Administration or a closely related field EXPERIENCE
Seven years of progressively more complex/responsible administrative experience are required, with at least three of the years in a supervisory capacity. A Master's degree may be substituted for two years experience. LICENSE
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other financial reporting tools (e.g. Hyperion, Tableau, Power BI, SAP BPC, etc.).
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and/or Accounting with demonstrated experience in financial analysis and internal reporting.
- Advanced financial modeling skills and experience managing large data sets.
- Finance certifications and/or designations (i.e. Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management
- Accountant, Certified Financial Analyst, etc.)
*Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.** GENERAL INFORMATION SELECTION/SKILLS TEST REQUIRED
Application review and/or interview. SAFETY IMPACT POSITION
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test. SALARY INFORMATION
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.Pay Grade 32 APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov . To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm . For application status inquiries please contact (281) 233-1839. To reach a live specialist pertaining technical support please contact (855) 524-5627.If you need special services or accommodations, call (281) 233-1839. (TTY 7-1-1)
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, with specific instructions, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.EEO Equal Employment Opportunity:
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous