$15.50 PER HOUR
The City of Livermore is looking for two responsible and independent individuals to fill two part-time temporary positions (no benefits). Reporting to the Library Department, these two positions will have courier type responsibilities as well as other office support functions as needed.
E xamples of duties include:
- Fill and stack books into bins and load bins into City vehicle/van for transport
- Transport and deliver books, packages, and other library materials between the Civic Center Library and the two branches
- Pick up mail and packages from city facilities and deliver to their appropriate locations within Livermore
- Based on assignment, transport outgoing mail and packages to the local post office or to UPS/FedEx Stores
- Office support assignments such as collating and folding handouts, make photocopies, restock supplies, etc.
- Set up chairs and tables for meetings/presentations in the Library meeting rooms, as needed
- Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will be self-initiated with the ability to complete daily deliveries and other assigned tasks within the established timeframe. Candidates must be willing and able to safely lift and maneuver bins filled with books, packages, and other library materials weighing up to 60 pounds. One position will work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (approx. 20 hours/week) The second position will work Monday through Friday, 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (approx. 12.5 hours/week). Additional hours may be needed on occasion for coverage. Candidates considered for these positions will be subject to a fingerprint criminal history check, DMV check, and a pre-employment physical by a City-designated physician. The hourly salary for these temporary positions is $15.50 per hour. If you are interested in a part-time position and possess the skills and abilities to complete the described tasks, please submit an online application today. Apply immediately as the application filing period will close after we receive 50 applications.Additional Information:
The City of Livermore is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.