DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - AGING AND DISABILITY SERVICES DIVISION Business Unit:
HR-DESERT REGIONAL CENTER Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 37 Salary Range:
$55,958.40 - $83,394.72 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
ROSANA WOOMER Phone:
775 684-0132 Email:
Mental Health Counselors provide counseling, case management, direct clinical services, community and home based services, and behavioral and human services to mentally ill, developmentally disabled and/or emotionally disturbed clients in an outpatient, residential, community or similar setting. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) Desert Regional Center in Las Vegas is currently recruiting for Mental Health Counselor II. The Incumbent will provide individual, group, and family therapy ; write concise, logical and clear reports regarding client status and treatment as well as comprehensive evaluations and recommendations ; asses and utilize community resources to establish rapport and appropriate clinical relationships with individuals served, their families and care providers ; develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with coworkers, medical and health professionals, social service agency representatives and others ; prepare documentation for charts of individuals served ; assess, develop and implement treatment plans and goals ; a dminister standardized assessments appropriate for level of training ; and evaluate services provided to individuals.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology, social work or closely related academic field and two years of post-master's degree professional mental health counseling experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and clinical experience at or above a Master's degree and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Moderate travel is required.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas